Can i change/ choose my course provider

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pjscott86

I was convicted of drink driving in november and banned for 2 years with a 6 month reduction if i do the rehabilitation course. When paying my court costs etc they said i had to do it at a certain provider, but i have moved since and the AA offer a course closer to me. Is it possible to do it at a different provider?

Cheers
PJ

PJ,
You were allocated a course provider so they can manage your course process. You are free to chose any of the 18 or so course providers. Costs do vary quite a bit, and not all providers run courses throughout the country. You can chose whichever course provider you want to go with. At the end of the day, they all get you what you want..... a reduction in your ban.

PJ,
You were allocated a course provider so they can manage your course process. You are free to chose any of the 18 or so course providers. Costs do vary quite a bit, and not all providers run courses throughout the country. You can chose whichever course provider you want to go with. At the end of the day, they all get you what you want..... a reduction in your ban.

Do i have to notify the magistrates that i will be doing it with a different provider?

No, there is no need to notify e court. Whoever you do the course with will notify your court when you have completed the course.
The court, having amended their records, then notify the Police National Computer and DVLA.

Hi

I just phoned my local M Court as I want to change my course provider from IAM to VMCL, as VMCL have a course that I can actually get to! The court said I couldn't change providers... can I just go ahead and contact VMCL?

Thanks

PJ,

Yes you can change providers. Call VMCL and tell them you want to swap.
the court do not deal with this, but I would have expected them to know the process. Which court is the one involved?

Thank you :)

The court is Chippenham Magistrates Court, in Wiltshire.

Yes you can change providers. Call VMCL and tell them you want to swap.
the court do not deal with this, but I would have expected them to know the process. Which court is the one involved?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off