Can I call police to find out blood test results?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Smuttyangel

I’m waiting to hear if my results were over the limit & my anxiety is through the roof. Feels like the 2 years I fought DWP for disability all over again.

does anyone know if they’d tell me what the results are? Blood taken 24th April thisyear. Many thanks for any information

I’m waiting to hear if my results were over the limit & my anxiety is through the roof. Feels like the 2 years I fought DWP for disability all over again.

does anyone know if they’d tell me what the results are? Blood taken 24th April thisyear. Many thanks for any information
What are you waiting on drink or drug driving.

Okay I’ll try contacting her.. is there any point calling the non emergency police number & giving my reference number?

It's worth a try.what was your reading on the machine.

Roadside was 72, blood test taken 3 hours later as after about 7 tries couldn’t complete breathalyzer at station. Apparently information previously given here says blood test probably be very borderline given time elapsed & hadn’t eaten since day before? I’m 5ft tall around 8 n half stone weight.

Roadside was 72, blood test taken 3 hours later as after about 7 tries couldn’t complete breathalyzer at station. Apparently information previously given here says blood test probably be very borderline given time elapsed & hadn’t eaten since day before? I’m 5ft tall around 8 n half stone weight.
Give them a call,at least you can plan ahead one way or another,best of luck.

They will likely do a back calculation when they test the bloods, which is what they did with mine.

Also, they wouldn't give me my results over the phone, or by email. I had to wait until I went to be questioned (which was when they had the results)

I’m waiting on week 14 now for bloods back from January. I don’t to know long it will be, have tried calling but just get told they don’t have yet. I’m mentally preparing myself for them to back-calculate the bloods and prepare for the worst - I suggest you do then same then if it is okay it’s a sigh of relief instead

I’m waiting on week 14 now for bloods back from January. I don’t to know long it will be, have tried calling but just get told they don’t have yet. I’m mentally preparing myself for them to back-calculate the bloods and prepare for the worst - I suggest you do then same then if it is okay it’s a sigh of relief instead
I don’t understand what the back calculations mean? I’ve never been in this position?

I don’t understand what the back calculations mean? I’ve never been in this position?
Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer better but basically they use maths to work out if you would have been over at the time of driving - night happen if your result appears to be under the limit but was hours since you were caught. Again im no expert on this and and sounds like it isn’t used on every occasion but something to bear in mind. I completely get the anxiety - it would be much easier to know now but the police when I chased them said coronavirus meant these results are not coming anytime soon.

Can you be more precise than ‘blew 72 at the roadside, blood 3 hours later’..... was it 3 hours? Or 3 hours 10 minutes....or 2 hours 53 minutes...?
If it was 3 hours you may well be just over IF the roadside test was accurate, which they are not guaranteed to be.

A back calculation is just as curiousGeorge123 described, the ask the laboratory “OK, so her reading was 70 in blood, what would it have been 3 hours ago at the time of the accident?” To do this they have to ask you about what you had to eat, drink and when and your height, weight etc. Some forces seemed to do this routinely a while ago but now it is generally only done after a serious Road Traffic Collision and they don't want the time elapsed to be used to get away with causing nasty injuries to someone else.

There will be no point in phoning for the result. It takes about 6 weeks normally for it to come back and under the current climate that could be longer. You are only likely to get the result from the officer in the case, not from phoning 101. The problem with phoning for the result is that there could be a ‘cock up’ and your result (whilst over) gets filed and the police do not raise a summons within 6 months which they are required to do. By phoning you jog the officers memory, the over the limit result is found and you are prosecuted BECAUSE you phoned up! This does not happen often, but don’t risk it.

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer better but basically they use maths to work out if you would have been over at the time of driving - night happen if your result appears to be under the limit but was hours since you were caught. Again im no expert on this and and sounds like it isn’t used on every occasion but something to bear in mind. I completely get the anxiety - it would be much easier to know now but the police when I chased them said coronavirus meant these results are not coming anytime soon.
Oh really? I’m just really worried that if I order a new Motability car once lockdown lifted fir dealers that I’ll just get it yanked away from me if banned? Plus found out if banned more than 36 days, disability will not allow me to have another car for FIVE YEARS from date of conviction. I fought DWP for 2 effin years to get my car back & I won in Dec 2019, got new Motability car Jan 4th & wrote it off on 24th april :(

if you are over the limit, the minimum ban is 12 months and yes, motobility will not accept you back to them for 5 years.

Can you be more precise than ‘blew 72 at the roadside, blood 3 hours later’..... was it 3 hours? Or 3 hours 10 minutes....or 2 hours 53 minutes...?
If it was 3 hours you may well be just over IF the roadside test was accurate, which they are not guaranteed to be.

A back calculation is just as curiousGeorge123 described, the ask the laboratory “OK, so her reading was 70 in blood, what would it have been 3 hours ago at the time of the accident?” To do this they have to ask you about what you had to eat, drink and when and your height, weight etc. Some forces seemed to do this routinely a while ago but now it is generally only done after a serious Road Traffic Collision and they don't want the time elapsed to be used to get away with causing nasty injuries to someone else.

There will be no point in phoning for the result. It takes about 6 weeks normally for it to come back and under the current climate that could be longer. You are only likely to get the result from the officer in the case, not from phoning 101. The problem with phoning for the result is that there could be a ‘cock up’ and your result (whilst over) gets filed and the police do not raise a summons within 6 months which they are required to do. By phoning you jog the officers memory, the over the limit result is found and you are prosecuted BECAUSE you phoned up! This does not happen often, but don’t risk it.

Just read your original post elsewhere and you were precise, 3 hours and one minute! it will be close and may well depend on how the cocktail of medications that you were taking affected your ability to process the alcohol. It could well have delayed you eliminating alcohol but that is not a defence if you are over, just mitigation because you knew you were taking the medication so should have assessed the risk. (I am not being judgmental, just telling you what the law says)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off