Can I be stopped from driving clients after a ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

Flintwheel

Hi there, prior to loosing my licence due to a ban I was using my car for business purposes and had the correct insurance for it, I am a carer and use my personal car to take them places. My ban is now lifted and I can return to driving, I have insured my car again for business purposes but was wondering if my company could still refuse to let me use my car? Even after the ban is over, I tried to look into this but found nothing any help would be appreciated thankyou.

Are you afraid to ask the employer hence the sidestep,
If it's your own car and it's properly insured and your still in employment it's unlikely there would be any issues,
Leased cars are slightly different I refused to drive the companies leased focus (DUI clause)however they insured me to drive HGV that they Owen outright no problems

Yeah the company I work for is aware I had the ban and know that I’m properly insured I’m just worried that they will turn around and say I can’t use my car which will be a pain as trying to get the guys on public transport is 1: a nightmare and 2: I’m pregnant so public transport is bad enough for me alone let alone keeping an eye on making sure the guys are still upright!

Be upfront there is absolutely no reason for them to decline your request to drive patients again, you served your ban and fully insured again!
However might be worth a polite letter explaining you have learnt by your mistakes and would never jeopardize anyone's safety again & how use of the car will benefit you and the patients# you will be surprised how understanding employers can be.
But!
Are you in a union there worth there gold in situations like this if the employer was less understanding?

Last edited:
Hi Flintwheel,

As in your case, my ban has now been lifted for some time. I regularly use my own car as well as the company towing vehicle for travelling to and from various sites where the work is.

Initially on getting my license back, I had to supply my company with the check code and license and insurance details and the guy in charge of all employee documentation simply handed them back to me, no questions asked - a week later I was up in the North East on a job in the company truck.

You should be fine and there should be no reason why it would be a problem.

MM

Thankyou for your reply’s, no I’m not in a union but may look into this as head office isn’t as understanding as it could be and like to get away with murder

Thankyou for your reply’s, no I’m not in a union but may look into this as head office isn’t as understanding as it could be and like to get away with murder

Join the union it's pretty much instant protection ie you don't have to full member 1 yr before they step in, there will be employment obligations that your employer will not even be aware.
I got 12 free councillin sessions after my DUI not saying that was down to the union but my work takes Human resources seriously it works both ways
You served your ban and your insured I cannot see why you cannot be responsible and trustworthy, however don't think about not telling them , if your pregnant you should be on leave unless it agency work?

Last edited:
What line of work are you in? “Trying to get the guys on public transport” could mean a number of things........

Join the union it's pretty much instant protection ie you don't have to full member 1 yr before they step in, there will be employment obligations that your employer will not even be aware.
I got 12 free councillin sessions after my DUI not saying that was down to the union but my work takes Human resources seriously it works both ways
You served your ban and your insured I cannot see why you cannot be responsible and trustworthy, however don't think about not telling them , if your pregnant you should be on leave unless it agency work?
They know all about my ban and why I got it, my mental health was in a dark dark place, and I shouldn’t be on leave until my maternity sets in. I just don’t know what they have to discuss but they know everything that happened and that it is all under control now...they have proof of my insurance for business use and know I will not and have never put any of my guys in any kind of danger

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off