Can anyone, help?

Convicted Driver Insurance

ruinedeverything

Hi new to this, I crashed my car, it was written off, yes I was drunk driving, which i've never done before, got taken to the police station and am in court in february. I'm lost, I have a new business that I need to drive for, I'm going to lose everything, I was on setraline for depression at the time, it was my grandads anniversary of when he passed away, and I'm pretty sure that I basically was having a full on breakdown at that point. This sort of thing is totally out of character for me, I've had a clean licence up to know, and no other convictions, I'm not eating or sleeping, with worry. Do I need to get a solicitor? Would a breakdown be reason enough to get the ban shortened?

Hi new to this, I crashed my car, it was written off, yes I was drunk driving, which i've never done before, got taken to the police station and am in court in february. I'm lost, I have a new business that I need to drive for, I'm going to lose everything, I was on setraline for depression at the time, it was my grandads anniversary of when he passed away, and I'm pretty sure that I basically was having a full on breakdown at that point. This sort of thing is totally out of character for me, I've had a clean licence up to know, and no other convictions, I'm not eating or sleeping, with worry. Do I need to get a solicitor? Would a breakdown be reason enough to get the ban shortened?

There is a mandatory minimum 12 month disqualification when convicted of drink driving.

Completing a drink driving course will reduce any period of disqualification by up to 25%.

This means the best outcome you can expect is a 12 month disqualification reduced by 3 months by completing the course which would result in being banned for a period of 9 months.

The length of ban you receive will largely depend on the level of alcohol in your system at the time of the offence. Did you provide a breath sample at the police station, if so what was the reading?

There is a mandatory minimum 12 month disqualification when convicted of drink driving.

Completing a drink driving course will reduce any period of disqualification by up to 25%.

This means the best outcome you can expect is a 12 month disqualification reduced by 3 months by completing the course which would result in being banned for a period of 9 months.

The length of ban you receive will largely depend on the level of alcohol in your system at the time of the offence. Did you provide a breath sample at the police station, if so what was the reading?
Breath reading was 99, but I am only 6.5 stone if that adds anything to it.

23 to 28 months buddy as you are probably aware now. With possible 25% percent reduction.

If its recent it will all be so raw, you need to get through to the court date a day at a time.
I am am now 8 months in, course booked online in dec and then licence back in April.
You will find ways of coping and friends, family will more than likely assist where reasonably practicable.

I had a solicitor, main reason being peace of kind for 300 quid. I knew my destiny but wanted to apply damage limitation and well this did help. I believe it shows you are bothered in court, my fines and ban were certainly minimised by this.
Court is not as bad as you think, the magistrate even apologised for having to impose a ban on me!

I am no expert and just sharing thoughts and views

23 to 28 months buddy as you are probably aware now. With possible 25% percent reduction.

If its recent it will all be so raw, you need to get through to the court date a day at a time.
I am am now 8 months in, course booked online in dec and then licence back in April.
You will find ways of coping and friends, family will more than likely assist where reasonably practicable.

I had a solicitor, main reason being peace of kind for 300 quid. I knew my destiny but wanted to apply damage limitation and well this did help. I believe it shows you are bothered in court, my fines and ban were certainly minimised by this.
Court is not as bad as you think, the magistrate even apologised for having to impose a ban on me!

I am no expert and just sharing thoughts and views
Thank you.

As well as the good advice from idiot2612, there is also the distinct possibility that you will get a community penalty, such as a specified amount of community service hours to perform or even a curfew with a tag for a few weeks / months.

Drink Driving Penalty
Details of offence as provided by you:

Specimen Type: breath
Alcohol Level: between 90 and 119
No previous relevant convictions within the proceeding 10 years
You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

A driving disqualification of 23 - 28 months; and
A Low to high level community order
Classed as High Risk Offender
Because the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine you will be classed as a high risk offender.

High risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA Medical before their driving licence will be returned to them upon expiration of their driving driving disqualification.

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

Enter New Information

Hi. I blew 106mg got 24 months but reduced to 18 with the course. My court case was Jan 2020. Then Feb for sentencing as the judge wanted a pre sentance report which i found really helped as such a high reading i would ask your solicitor to prehaps ask for one maybe. Your story simular to yours, Breakdown, on sertraline.etc
I received legal aid as I was on a low income so maybe worth looking into. Take care and please do not worry too much. As soon as you step out of court, it's a relief. Good luck and thinking of you x

Oh and probation for 12 months and 30 days r&r? Days which now with covid if a monthly phone call with a probation worker and with the r&r days was about getting back on track and strong mental health. They have some groups you can attend which have made me stronger mentally.etc
There is so much support there as I was afraid to ask for help but once you get it out in the open, the support you will receive will really help x

Sadtimes.

I have been there and now coming out the other side. I was classed as a HRO as committed second offence (sleeping in my car) before the second one had come to court ! All due to the stress and worry.

However, I had 40 years previously no accidents/points and family and friend good character statements. They also made a mistake at court so I had 2 court hearings. But due to Covid my
Responsible Officer could only do phone calls, and they couldn't decide what rar days they could offer.

I now have a lovely electric bike, most people think I have gone eco friendly and I have things in place to get my licence back.

It does get better.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off