Can’t get a medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Angelcat

My temporary license expired end of August 2020, my application for renewal was sent early July. My gp was contacted and forms submitted early September, mid September I was told a medical was required, I was not concerned as I had one last year, however they were not able to offer me an appointment at that time but would let me know when one became available.
Since then I have rung them regularly, no update, change has been received. I have told them I am willing to travel, no avail. I have suggested I book an appointment myself, will not allow.
I am now in a position where I need to work as my finances have been seriously harmed by Covid and are essentially nil. I have a recognised health care qualification and as such am an essential worker, I have notified DVLA of this, still nothing.
I am now in a position where jobs available to me require a full and valid licence, mine has expired and will not be acknowledged. I am however still driving under section 88 for personal, not business purposes.
I am totally stumped. I need to work. I need my license renewing. I totally understand the need for a medical. But what am I supposed to do. I am stressed beyond belief and struggling financially.
I realise the pandemic has had a serious impact, but I read on this site others are getting medical, there seems no equity of provision. If this situation continues I can see nothing being sorted before summer, my right to using section 88 expiring and my mental health declining.
Any suggestions welcome. I have tried the medical practice I used last year who are taking no referrals.

Reactions: C A
Have a look at this list of doctors:
SOME, not all of them are DVLA approved for your type of medical. Find one near you and ask if they have any appointments available.
Then get in touch with DVLA and tell them what is available to you. If they say no, ask to speak to a supervisor or you will escalate it to a complaint:

Have a look at this list of doctors:
SOME, not all of them are DVLA approved for your type of medical. Find one near you and ask if they have any appointments available.
Then get in touch with DVLA and tell them what is available to you. If they say no, ask to speak to a supervisor or you will escalate it to a complaint:
Many thanks , I will certainly give this a try .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off