Breath tested, blew over then taken to hospital & blood sample obtained

Convicted Driver Insurance

Caroline white

Hi
9 weeks ago I had been to a friend's new house for lunch. I stupidly didn't monitor the strength of the pimms she poured. I felt fine, was driving home, on a narrow lane a large vehicle came round the corner towards me and I moved over not seeing a rock on the verge. One of the passers by who stoped to help called the police as was worried about the car obstructing others on a tight bend. They breath tested me and I blew over. They took me to the hospital to be checked and took bloods as I was blowing a .6. They took me to basildon police station in essex for a brief interview and when released under investigation I was told I would receive a letter in 6 weeks that would say no further action or a court date where I would loose my licence for a year. I am now at 9 weeks and am yet to hear anything? Is this normal? How long does it normally take to receive?
Many thanks for any advice

Last edited by a moderator:
This period of time to wait is, unfortunately, not unusual. The police have anything up to 6 months from the date of the incident before a charge has to be issued. It is a frustrating waiting game at the moment, unfortunately.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off