Blood test but terrified could be used by DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

RSC

Established Member
Hi all Have to have a blood test tomorrow for medical reasons. High blood pressure. Absolutely bricking myself. Banned as HRO but so want my licence back after two years ( in another year) - fingers and toes crossed. What may happen if DVLA contact my GP?

Hi all Have to have a blood test tomorrow for medical reasons. High blood pressure. Absolutely bricking myself. Banned as HRO but so want my licence back after two years ( in another year) - fingers and toes crossed. What may happen if DVLA contact my GP?
they wont if ur under 1.5%

Reactions: RSC
They will send a medical questionnaire to your gp to fill in to see if there has been any alcohol issues in the last three years,nothing out of the ordinary here this is normal as an hro, if you have another year left it's good advice to start gathering your medical evidence if needs be to support your D1 application (liver function test)

Thanks for the advice. (This place helps my sanity). HoweVVER -in whatever long age I CAN reapply for my licence and there are GP questions asked......

They will send a medical questionnaire to your gp to fill in to see if there has been any alcohol issues in the last three years,nothing out of the ordinary here this is normal as an hro, if you have another year left it's good advice to start gathering your medical evidence if needs be to support your D1 application (liver function test)
Hi, I have just found out this morning that they have sent a questionnaire out to my Dr this morning after my medical last week. Is this normal? I can t find any information on it.

Yes this seems to be the norm nowadays, they will do medical Enquiries going back six years to see if there is any alcohol issues in the last six years, what can also prompt them to contact your GP is if you had a raised CDT from your medical(what was your alcohol intake before your medical) and if you answered tes to any questions on the medical questionarre , however if there's no issues then there's no problem, HROs and drink drivers are becoming more frequently investigated to keep britains roads safer, what I would advise though is if you've not seen your GP in a while maybe now is a good time to pay a visit in order for him to complete the medical questionarre don't forget to keep your alcohol intake of not more than 14 units per week.... The form sent to your GP is quite possibly a DD2 all about drinking or an M2 all about mental health...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off