Blood taken 7 hours after last drink

Convicted Driver Insurance

Westham92

Before Xmas I went to the pub drank about 6-7 ( can't remember exactly of fosters, they was pints) started drinking about 4:30 last drink about 8:45. I crashed on motorway driving home car written off and was taken to hospital, due to my injuries the police couldn't take blood until 3:30 in morning. Giving the time gap between last drink and blood taken what's the chances the result will be under the limit. Also if it is under will I still hear from the police.

Before Xmas I went to the pub drank about 6-7 ( can't remember exactly of fosters, they was pints) started drinking about 4:30 last drink about 8:45. I crashed on motorway driving home car written off and was taken to hospital, due to my injuries the police couldn't take blood until 3:30 in morning. Giving the time gap between last drink and blood taken what's the chances the result will be under the limit. Also if it is under will I still hear from the police.
I'd you've had 7 pints of Fosters which is relatively average strength beer that's 14 units , it takes 1 hour for one unit to leave your system ( depending on weight / fitness etc ) So e.g. If you had your accident at 9.30' to round up the time you had a blood test around 3.30 --- 6 hrs later let's assume then 3 pints out of seven are out of your system , that leaves four , but if you had pain relief administered I'm not sure if that could be a problem ? But it still leaves the question , four pints of average strength beer you still in my opinion would be over the limit , sorry it's not what you wanna hear but I'd look at it rationally , did you drink on an empty stomach ? If you , which isn't not impossible , get your results and are under then you could be lucky . Hope you go on ok

I'd you've had 7 pints of Fosters which is relatively average strength beer that's 14 units , it takes 1 hour for one unit to leave your system ( depending on weight / fitness etc ) So e.g. If you had your accident at 9.30' to round up the time you had a blood test around 3.30 --- 6 hrs later let's assume then 3 pints out of seven are out of your system , that leaves four , but if you had pain relief administered I'm not sure if that could be a problem ? But it still leaves the question , four pints of average strength beer you still in my opinion would be over the limit , sorry it's not what you wanna hear but I'd look at it rationally , did you drink on an empty stomach ? If you , which isn't not impossible , get your results and are under then you could be lucky . Hope you go on ok
Thanks for your reply I started drinking on an empty stomach I would say the first 3 pints were but I had burger and chips in the pub
Thb I didn't expect to get away with it just hopeful but it is what it is i shouldn't of been drinking and driving, lesson learned.

Thanks for your reply I started drinking on an empty stomach I would say the first 3 pints were but I had burger and chips in the pub
Thb I didn't expect to get away with it just hopeful but it is what it is i shouldn't of been drinking and driving, lesson learned.
Oh and i am 5'8 male about 65kg i am quite fit but not sure if that's gonna make a big difference.

Papa Larazou’s calculations are not bad, but in fact fosters is 2 1/4 units per pint, not 2.
My main worry for you is that often when people say 6-7 pints, they have lost track and it could well be 7-8 pints!
If it is 7 pints, then that is 15 3/4 units not 14. You started drinking at 4.30pm, so your liver started to eliminate alcohol at the rate of about 1 unit per hour at 5pm. You do not say when the accident was, but you could have been over the limit until 3.45am.
So the answer to the question “what are the chances the result will be under the limit?” Is:
If you had 6 pints, you will be OK unless the police do a back calculation and your accident was soon after 9pm when you would have been quite a bit over the limit.
If you had 7 pints, again subject to back calculation, it will be touch and go. There is a deduction of 6 from the result they get from the laboratory analysis and you may be OK.
If you did have 8 pints, just consider the lucky escape you and other road users had and start looking at bus timetables.....

Papa Larazou’s calculations are not bad, but in fact fosters is 2 1/4 units per pint, not 2.
My main worry for you is that often when people say 6-7 pints, they have lost track and it could well be 7-8 pints!
If it is 7 pints, then that is 15 3/4 units not 14. You started drinking at 4.30pm, so your liver started to eliminate alcohol at the rate of about 1 unit per hour at 5pm. You do not say when the accident was, but you could have been over the limit until 3.45am.
So the answer to the question “what are the chances the result will be under the limit?” Is:
If you had 6 pints, you will be OK unless the police do a back calculation and your accident was soon after 9pm when you would have been quite a bit over the limit.
If you had 7 pints, again subject to back calculation, it will be touch and go. There is a deduction of 6 from the result they get from the laboratory analysis and you may be OK.
If you did have 8 pints, just consider the lucky escape you and other road users had and start looking at bus timetables.....
Thank you for replying i'll explain what happened in full because i understand i missed a few things out in original post, there was no other road users involved it was heavy rain and visibility was low, i looked at satnav and i think i swerved to the right a tiny bit and hit the cental kerp i lost control of the car and flipped it a few times. I cant remember the exact time because i blacked out i say 9:30 beacause my mate said he was home by 9 and i know i was driving about 25 mins once i left him. I woke up in hospital with fractured neck and fractured shoulder blade, im just happy no other roas users were involved and i deeply regret it. I have since remembered certain parts of that evening i couldnt immediately remember im almost certain it was 6 but as you said people can get calculations wrong so it possibly could of been 7. Again thanld for the reply.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off