BLOOD RESULTS WAITING TIME

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi,

Unless you live in Scotland, you should be in the clear.

Check the link I posted above to check your license details.

Kind Regards,

Stu

Hi Stu

Yeah I did check it thanks and all OK :) I'm just still expecting a letter or knock on the door, if I do could I fight it in court given the time that's passed?

Thanks again

Hi Stu

Yeah I did check it thanks and all OK :) I'm just still expecting a letter or knock on the door, if I do could I fight it in court given the time that's passed?

Thanks again
Hi,

Unless you live in Scotland you should be fine.
You could ring the DVLA to check but if it is clear online...you should be fine.

Have you moved address at all? If no they have lost.

Just mark it as a lesson learned, all be it a hard one.

Congratulations!

Kind Regards,

Stu

Last edited:
I had been arrested for drink driving over 10 months ago and am currently still waiting for my blood results. How long will it take before I receive my blood results or a letter from the court ?
Did they get back to you to this date? I am also expecting my alcohol blood-test result and I had been waiting for nearly 2 months. How long did you have to wait for?

Did they get back to you to this date? I am also expecting my alcohol blood-test result and I had been waiting for nearly 2 months. How long did you have to wait for?
For an alcohol result 1-3 months is common, depending on which lab is doing the testing. But in England and Wales they have up to six months to charge you, in Scotland it's 12 months. It's not unheard of for people to be charged right before the time limit.

I had a similar situation. Police took bloods about 11 months ago and I heard nothing after that. As many people have said it’s a six month window for the CPS to lay charges. So no further action in my case. I’m most annoyed that the police didn’t have the decency to let me know the outcome of my blood test results as I spent 6 months in constant anxiety.

I had a similar situation. Police took bloods about 11 months ago and I heard nothing after that. As many people have said it’s a six month window for the CPS to lay charges. So no further action in my case. I’m most annoyed that the police didn’t have the decency to let me know the outcome of my blood test results as I spent 6 months in constant anxiety.a

I had a similar situation. Police took bloods about 11 months ago and I heard nothing after that. As many people have said it’s a six month window for the CPS to lay charges. So no further action in my case. I’m most annoyed that the police didn’t have the decency to let me know the outcome of my blood test results as I spent 6 months in constant anxiety.

The police are too busy to let you know - they are more interested in having relationships with domestic violence victims or running from IRA terrorists who have their personal information.

CJ

For an alcohol result 1-3 months is common, depending on which lab is doing the testing. But in England and Wales they have up to six months to charge you, in Scotland it's 12 months. It's not unheard of for people to be charged right before the time limit.
Where can I find information on the time limit regarding scotland, I am in my 5th month of waiting to hear anything & have heard nothing so far.

Hello! I had been waiting for over 3 months for my alcohol blood test to be determined, and I had planned and booked a holiday in a couple of months. Should I give the police any notice for this occasion? As my blood alcohol result will determine wether I go to court or not. If I get charged before my holiday, could there possibly be arrangements for a court-date (If I do get charged).

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off