blood results 70mg first offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

angus82

Hi I received my citation for court my blood result came back as 70mg in 100ml, this is the first time I have ever been in any kind of trouble with the police what kind of punishment am I looking at?? there are a few errors in the police evidence report aswell at the time of the offence I said it was my partner driving and he said it was me and it states on report that my partner was charged when we were released from custody which he wasnt??

thanks

Hello Angus,

The libelled blood alcohol level is 40% in excess of the legal limit in Scotland of 50g per 100ml of blood. You now need to decide what you are going to do with the citation: on the given date, the Court wants to know whether you are pleading guilty or not guilty.

A guilty plea will result in you being disqualified from driving. The minimum starting point for a ban is 12 months, and hopefully the presiding Sheriff could be persuaded in all the circumstances to impose that. Moreover, they may be open to allowing you to partake in the drink driver rehabilitation course which would result in a reduction in the length of your ban of 3 months.

It may be, however, that a plea of not guilty is more appropriate for you in the circumstances. Any issues with the police evidence or dubiety over who was driving the car are matters that require to be investigated as they may prove to be the basis of an acquittal. You should seek expert legal advice to discuss the significance of these evidential issues.

Kind Regards,

Michael Lyon

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off