Blew 40 but wasn’t given a copy of the breath test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Brendantf

Hello, I have recently been charged with drink driving the lower of my two samples of breath was 40. I had obviously admitted to drinking but I didn’t realise until a day after I was released from the police station that a friend who I was with poured the last of some high percentage spirit into a beer I was drinking and didn’t tell me about it. He has told me he will admit this as a witness when I go to court.
I’m just wondering would that help my case at all

In relation to the paper work the only documents the police gave me was a bail sheet and obviously the charge sheet which does state that I blew 40 but I have read up online that they are meant to pass you a copy of the breath test.

I’m just wondering was there anything else they was meant to pass me like an exact copy of the breath test results or are the documents I have been given the only ones they need to give me.

Ultimately I’m just wondering what is the best option really. Any advice would be great
Thanks I’m advance.

Hi.

Firstly as you would expect the extra alcohol is relevant. If what you had drank without the extra alcohol would have put you under you would have a defence. On a guilty plea it will help with mitigation.

As to the paperwork, yes, absolutely. They are meant to give you your own copy of the printout and assuming you didnt say you didnt want it (CCTV would show this) then you again could defend the matter.

If you need any extra help I could arrange for a free advice call sometime tomorrow?

Kind regards
Martin.

Hello, thank you so much for your reply it’s very much appreciated.

I was not breathalysed at the side of the road for some bizarre reason I only gave the two readings at the station, my friend did tell me the following day that he poured the last of the vodka he was drinking (approx 3shots worth) into the beer I was drinking. But because my beer was full I didn’t detect that anything at all it didn’t taste any different he was highly intoxicated that’s why he also forgot to tell me. He understands the severity of the offence I have been charged with and has told me he would admit to pouring the spirit in my beer even if that means himself getting in trouble as It could be possible if that spirit wasn’t in my system I would of blew under the limit.

As for the paperwork it was a very overwhelming night. I remember them telling me in the breath test room that I will get a copy of the breath test results

I don’t remember them asking if I would like to be provided a copy.

how would I get a copy of the cctv would I have to ask the police or do I wait until my first hearing at the magistrates.

I also feel forced not to mention these two factors in court as I believe if they don’t hold up and fall through the magistrates will go down extra hard on me

a call would be excellent, Would you like to me give you my mobile number on this thread?

thanks for your advice in advance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off