Blew 35 roadside

Convicted Driver Insurance

sadtobehere

Hi,
I very stupidly got behind the wheel the other night after drinking. I was followed back to my address where I was breathalysed and blew 35mg, which was the exact limit, meaning I was taken to the station on suspicion for further testing. Here, I blew 32mg on my first test and hesitated on the second because I was so nervous, causing a failure. This error meant I had to take a blood sample instead, which I'm guessing was roughly 15 minutes later.

I had my first drink around 8:30 and my last drink no later than 11:00. The blood test was taken at 00:43, leaving a time frame of 1 hour 45 minutes in-between. I opted to take the blood sample offered to me by the police, which I am going to get analysed privately.
I am 19 years old, I weigh 80kg and I'm just taller than 6'1. I hadn't particularly eaten much that day/evening.

I understand the maximum legal prescribed limit is 80mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood, but as long as my blood alcohol level falls below 86mg per 100ml of blood I won't be prosecuted, as there is a 6mg allowance in case of error.

What are my blood samples likely to read?
Also, how quickly is the private sample likely to return? I was informed 30 working days upon receipt, although this may just be a maximum and hopefully the results will come back sooner.

Should I have even been taken to the station at all if I blew 35mg? I was just informed on the phone by a member of the private analysis firm that I should not have had to give a second breathalyser, let alone a blood sample. He said to wait for my results first, but to get a solicitor.

I think the result at the roadside would not assist really as the police still have the right to arrest even if you pass a roadside test.

However, you are quite right that it is unusual to go to blood if the second test is a fail. Usually you would simply be charged with failure to provide.

If you are considering a defence I would not wait to instruct a solicitor as most firms would recommend you asking for the CCTV to be retained before it is erased. This would need doing straight away.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off