Blew 117

Convicted Driver Insurance

Doddsy

hi

i live on the isle of arran and i was out driving one day and i pulled into the shop and i met a kitchen porter i worked with about two years ago and he asked me to come meet him in whiting bay for a drink i went home and dropped my shopping at home, i drove to whiting bay about 8.3 miles away and started to drink with him at the beach i don't no how much i had to drink because we where sharing a bottle of pop with alcohol in it i no it was vodka, i don't drink very often and it must have went to my head i no i had every intention of ringing a taxi to get home and must have went back to my car and found i didn't have my phone or wallet and i was quiet a distance to walk especially when it's 60mph roads most the way home with no paths and you basically go through farmers fields all the way to lamlash which is about half way home so i must have decided to drive

i came round a bend and crashed into a bridge wall, that is notorious for crashes to the point the next day my car was in the local newspaper and they where complaining that yet another crash in the same place i can remember pressing the brakes and then the airbags popping out and the next thing i remember was a women nocking on my window telling my to get out and sit on the wall the police where phoned and i blew 117 at the roadside i was asked by the police had i been drinking i denied it before the breath test then admitted it after i was proven to be a liar

i was taken to hospital for a blood test and did all sorts of coordination test i was driven back to the police station and in the back of the van i took what was in my pockets out to see what was there the van stopped and the police officer opened the doors and said where did all that come from i searched you before........ you had that down your pants i said no i didn't it was in my pockets and he said no it wasn't i'm strip searching you when we get back to the police stationi could not have hidden anything down my pants because i never had underpants on they where tracksuit bottoms they then drove to the police station and i got out of the van and walked to the station for the other police officer to come in with a bag with very little drugs in it and ask me if it was mine i denied it three times i think they locked me up for three hours and then asked me if i wanted to go home i said yes they then asked me again where the drugs mine i said no again and he said "look the only reason where not charging you with that is because it's such a small amount is it yours?" i figured i needed to get home because i had work the next day so i admitted it was mine he then informed me that he knows what its like where i live and because it's know for partying and that they will be searching me when they see me next because they no i'm like that and i will be in serious trouble if they find anything on me

i haven't heard anything back yet about the blood test it's meant to take 6 weeks and its been 5 I've been charged with drunk driving before 14 years ago i never had a license then it was a scooter and a provisional license i put off getting a car for 14 years because i thought i might do this because i used to drink a lot after 14 years i managed to slow down to the point i must drink 5-6 time a year and thought i would be fine with a car i realise now that if i have a car i cannot drink ever again i think a car is more important than drinking

i was wondering what course of action you would suggest i was thinking of pleading guilty simply because i spoke to one lawyer that said it would cost three thousand pound to fight it and never even listened to my story i don't really think it would be good for me to not be punished for this in some way and if i was to plead guilty would it be possible for you to tell me roughly how much it would cost for a lawyer to mitigate the case

Hi Kris

Thank you for your detailed post.

It remains unclear, at this stage, whether you are going to be face prosecution in relation to the incident. It is therefore very difficult to assess the cost to employ our services until such time as we know the charge(s) and have had an opportunity to take your detailed position.

I would suggest that you sit this one out and contact the office once case papers have been served.

Hi Kris

Thank you for your detailed post.

It remains unclear, at this stage, whether you are going to be face prosecution in relation to the incident. It is therefore very difficult to assess the cost to employ our services until such time as we know the charge(s) and have had an opportunity to take your detailed position.

I would suggest that you sit this one out and contact the office once case papers have been served.

ok thank you I will contact you when I no

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off