Binge drinking ahead of a test.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jimmel1

Hi, first poster here.
Today I found out that I have to undertake a medical to regain my licence.
I'm a Saturday afternoon drinker, around the 8 pints of standard lager mark.
I called the dvla today who said it had been mailed out today.
Obviously after reading about cdt levels I'm now bricking it and any advice would be wonderful.

You need to start abstaining now for a good chance of a low CDT result, you have six weeks to make a dvla appointment when your letter arrives use the time wisely if you think you need it although the test does look for heavy or persistent drinking over the last two weeks. You can also have a medi check for your own piece of mind for 79.99....

If you are drinking 8 pints in one go of standard lager that is possible 16 units. The government safe drinking guidelines are 14 units per week and if you do drink that amount it's best to spread it over the 7 days....drink lots of green tea which will cleanse your liver....

Just to clarify. Does the six week window to have a medical start when the DVLA send you the application? Or does the six weeks start once they "invite" you to a medical?

The six weeks start from when the dvla medical letter drops through your door... it will state that on your letter and appointments can be a month away from when you phone...

That's gre
You need to start abstaining now for a good chance of a low CDT result, you have six weeks to make a dvla appointment when your letter arrives use the time wisely if you think you need it although the test does look for heavy or persistent drinking over the last two weeks. You can also have a medi check for your own piece of mind for 79.99....

That's great stuff. Thanks for the info.

I'll save the 79.99 on not going out for a few weeks so I'll likely do that just to see where I am woth things before booking an appointment.

If you are drinking 8 pints in one go of standard lager that is possible 16 units. The government safe drinking guidelines are 14 units per week and if you do drink that amount it's best to spread it over the 7 days....drink lots of green tea which will cleanse your liver....

Will do. The Mrs always has some in the cupboard.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off