Big binge on holiday

Convicted Driver Insurance

John jones 123

Hi,
After coming across this forum, like many others I am very worried about my medical due to this cdt test, I have recently been on holiday with friends for 2 weeks and have been drinking everyday out there.

I went on holiday on 20/08/19 and drank large amounts everyday!! And my last day of drinking being 03/09/19

my medical is on the 06/11/19 and I have been drinking a lot more water than I usually do and have also been taking milk thistle tablets everyday.

can anyone please advise me on whether I should delay my medical or will I be within the safe zone.

p.s I usually don’t drink at all but have had a few nights of binges over the last year.
Thank you for your help.

After 9 weeks your CDT levels should have settled back to a reasonable level, unless your level was very high in the first place. Based on what you say about your previous drinking, you should be OK.

Thank you for replying back price1367. I got worried so I decided to a cdt with medichecks and I got the result back of 0.5. My dvla medical is on the 06/11/19 and I will post the results when I get them back.

Update for everyone,

I have just spoken to dvla and I have been told that My results have satisfied the medical department and my full driving has been issued. it has just taken over a week to get a decision. I hope it’s as quick for everyone else.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off