Beware?

Convicted Driver Insurance

raaaar

I have seen via search engines on the internet a number of companies offering foreign driving lisences to UK residents requiring no test. They either require a declaration that your documents have been mislaid or even go as far as to suggest that a simple fee gets round taking a test. I contacted one company who even suggested that a banned driver could drive legally using an African lisence with no test etc although UK lisence was withdrawn. This was all available via sending hundeds of euros and details. I presume some if not all of this information is at the least misguided and more likely encouraging UK desperate to drive people to brake the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no knowledge or experience of any of the companies offering these services and cannot say whether they are legitimate or a scam. However, being disqualified in the UK does not prevent you from driving in Africa as a uk ban would not be recognised there

Last edited:
What they are suggesting is that a UK banned driver could drive in the UK with an African lisence.

That is illegal and a ban would cover the person and not the licence. If you drove whilst disqualified, even if you had obtained an alternative licence, you would still commit the offence of driving whilst disqualified.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off