Best thing to be if caught over the limit is a policeman!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Whilst this might be true for senior officers, I wouldn’t rely on thinking ” I am OK to drink drive as a police officer because perhaps the traffic cop or PC Plod, new in the job, could possibly be a Mason and with a magic handshake I will not get breath tested, even if I have hit someone’s car and there are witnesses to me being drunk......”
When I was in the Police we all had to declare in writing if we were a member of the Freemasonary. I wrote saying that I objected strongly to having to declare membership of a private club, and that probably more deals were made on a golf course than in a Masons meeting....... whilst also confirming that I was not, and never had been, a Mason.
Isn't the idea that you have to declare anything that might be a conflict of interest because, like nursing, you're not just employed, you're also a professional with your own standing?

If you're accused of misconduct you don't stand to lose your job, you lose an entire career. As such, it's in your favour if any potential conflicts are known so you can avoid those situations or hand them over at the first possible opportunity.

It's very rare I've had to refuse to treat someone if it's a forseeable reason it's to my advantage for it to be on the record.

TipsyNurse, I agree about police or anyone in a similar position having to declare any conflict of interest.
My issue was that They had wanted police to declare their membership of just that organisation because they had “secret meetings” and “looked after their own.”
My objection was to the Masons being singled out. I pointed out to them that my grandad had been in the Royal and Ancient Order of Buffalos. They have “secret” meetings and hospitals just for members. I also pointed out that only members had the right to attend Police Federation meetings, which could make them defined as “secret”, and there are convalescent homes that are just for members of the Police Federation so we “look after our own” as well, as do many other organisations.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off