Banned, will my work find out?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Manks

I have just been banned and have been given a deferred sentence for a custodial sentence. I am required to drive for work, I have no option but to continue to try and drive the company vehicle.

My question is will I show up on the auto detection cameras they have on police vehicles, and will my work find out have been banned? Im sure when the renewal of insurance etc is required the game will be up, but I just cant give up my job between now and the deferred sentence decision.

Your banned plain n simple how you go about decievin the law/employer/insurance/partner/INOCCENT party then lies on your shoulders don't look for advice m8t

Last edited:
Well do what the law decided!
Your no longer fit to drive take heed or take further punishment/risk but only nutjobs go that Journey

Never drive any vehicle if you have been disqualified by the court.
Driving whilst disqualified is very serious and the court will throw the book at you.
I know from personal experience that being disqualified is tough but you must find a way of getting by and coming to terms
with it.
During my disqualification I used a push bike and I became extremely fit as a result.

The sentence is deferred to consider custody,
My experience is that custody is seldom used for drink driving, but if you are caught driving whilst disqualified, and therefore without insurance, you will greatly increase the risk of custody.
The game is up NOW. No driving licence., insurance invalid if you drive. You say you have no option.....you do have an option - obey the law! What if you do not go to prison? Will you have “no option” but to continue to drive? Why will the “game be up” when the insurance runs out? Just lie to them (!)
You seem intent on breaking the law, and asking if you will get away with it. I think you will get short shrift to such a question from most people on here.

I have just been banned and have been given a deferred sentence for a custodial sentence. I am required to drive for work, I have no option but to continue to try and drive the company vehicle.

My question is will I show up on the auto detection cameras they have on police vehicles, and will my work find out have been banned? Im sure when the renewal of insurance etc is required the game will be up, but I just cant give up my job between now and the deferred sentence decision.
You say you have been banned (by law) from driving so why ask the question is it alright to carry on driving to some complete strangers?! What you need in a reality check.

You have been banned, trust me, you are now visible to anyone who needs to know. I’m not going to argue the ethics of driving whilst disqualified . I drove numerous times whilst over the limit before I was caught , I have no moral high ground. I will say this though, think carefully before you get behind the wheel again. If you think things are bad now, you are in for a shock if you do get stopped. You won’t be insured for starters which means that’s a direct kick in the gonads to your employer when they find out. You will for sure go to jail for driving whilst disqualified if you are already under a deferral. Even if you are driving perfectly , if another driver does something silly and causes a collision involving you, you will be found out. If I were you I would accept that the gig was up the day you got your sentencing. Tell work, don’t lie to them, leave things on a good note. You never know ...you may be required to ask them for a reference or help in the future. Get things in order and plan for the worst. Anything else is a bonus. ?

You have been banned, trust me, you are now visible to anyone who needs to know. I’m not going to argue the ethics of driving whilst disqualified . I drove numerous times whilst over the limit before I was caught , I have no moral high ground. I will say this though, think carefully before you get behind the wheel again. If you think things are bad now, you are in for a shock if you do get stopped. You won’t be insured for starters which means that’s a direct kick in the gonads to your employer when they find out. You will for sure go to jail for driving whilst disqualified if you are already under a deferral. Even if you are driving perfectly , if another driver does something silly and causes a collision involving you, you will be found out. If I were you I would accept that the gig was up the day you got your sentencing. Tell work, don’t lie to them, leave things on a good note. You never know ...you may be required to ask them for a reference or help in the future. Get things in order and plan for the worst. Anything else is a bonus. ?

Funny enough it was just in our newspaper, a lad local to me just got caught driving while disqualified because he got T-boned at a junction by another driver in June. He was just sentenced this week to 13 weeks in custody. He had a clean record bar his drink driving offence before the driving whilst disqualified, seems the judge wanted to make an example of him.

Funny enough it was just in our newspaper, a lad local to me just got caught driving while disqualified because he got T-boned at a junction by another driver in June. He was just sentenced this week to 13 weeks in custody. He had a clean record bar his drink driving offence before the driving whilst disqualified, seems the judge wanted to make an example of him.
You never know what’s round the corner lol . Apart from the night I was arrested, I’ve never had a car accident, never been stopped or searched, not even a speeding ticket. Properly in danger of being strangled by my halo....if you discount too many times of driving over the limit. Three days after my arrest, I was stopped on a routine police stop and check !!! They reminded of my court date as well. A week after I had to surrender my licence, I was cleaning car out feeling ****ing GUTTED as I’d only just bought it...when who pulls up ??? Pc plod ...asking if I had SWORN my vehicle and made a joke about hoping the bonnet wasn’t warm. Yeah..hilarious....sad no one ....ever .....Since I had absolute **** all to lose I told him where to shove it. Lol lol ?

Answering your questions:

No you won’t appear on ANPR cameras as they can’t detect idiot drivers (as much as we’d al love them to), you will however appear on speed cameras when you get caught speeding due to having to declare the driver.

Yes, your company will find out that you’ve been banned, either through telling them yourself, when you get caught speeding, or through them checking your licence details online.

Unfortunately, your attitude of “I can probably get away with it” will invariably lead you to not getting away with it, and driving without insurance (due to the drink driving conviction voiding your insurance automatically), driving without a valid licence not to mention the fact that you might get a suspended sentence means that when you get caught (when not if), you’re going to have the proverbial book thrown at you. Could you live with it if you injured somebody in a crash or worse all because you seem to think you are above the law?

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and just accept defeat, lose your job (like most others of us have done on here) and go about the life changes you need to make in order to lose this attitude you have, maybe then, you’ll realise what a colossal mistake you’ve made.

MM

Last edited:
I appreciate the responses, I realise I will get caught in time, however I need to earn as much as I can between now and when that occurs.

I think it's a very risky game mate, your % for detection is extremely high - I'm sure your company will probably conduct a regular licence check to some degree...?! Depends on your industry

You need to define an exit strategy to leave your place of work asap

I appreciate the responses, I realise I will get caught in time, however I need to earn as much as I can between now and when that occurs.
How selfish..... “I need to earn as much as I can”. And what if you get caught after you have run someone over with no insurance?
Think of yourself, and your family, they will certainly need the money if you are caught driving whilst disqualified.
you need to drive for work....... you are also required to have insurance! Just live up to your responsibilities and take the punishment that many people on here have had to endure without breaking the law.

Your case may well appear in the local press and be picked up by by your employer or a work colleague.

One other thing, if your company is a responsible one, they will be doing regular driving licence checks on employees who drive for work, so they will find out you are banned and sack you. I doubt they will give you a reference and so the knock on effects will continue......

Last edited:
.....and if you do injure someone in an accident you won’t be insured. We lose our licences for many reasons, mainly. Because we are not fit to drive, for whatever reason, I kinda feel you are trolling as no one can surely be that selfish?? Part of the punishment is lack of earnings if we rely on driving for income. Why do you think you are any different?

Strange comment! Realising will be caught in time?
From a DUI 2yr ban then risking your life/there lives possibly jail sentence further 7/10 year ban ,
Got to say in 8 years this has to be the worst post ever had to bother reading!!can't even say good luck with your scheme we've all taking silly risks one way or another !! But to plan way ahead is plain silly

If this is his attitude then there's no doubt he will re-offend in the future, the punishment is the deterrent. If you never serve your punishment and continue to drive then you won't be deterred from comitting the crime again. Grade A c**t in my opinion.

Although I bang on about this, I'm still baff'd about a first time offender obtaining a criminal record for life regarding DD. Here is one example where I believe an actual criminal conviction should come into play, driving whilst disqualified with complete disregard for the law despite now being well informed, this should be particularly true for re-offenders.

An A-Level A* student obtained a criminal record for simply trying to park his car somewhere else after a party despite the intention of staying at the property, to me it's very harsh. Puts his university prospects in jeopardy.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off