Banned for drink driving in 2012, can my GP do the medical?

Convicted Driver Insurance

FredBurst

They want a urine sample because cannabis use is best detected that way.
It can show cannabis use during the past 28-35 days so they are checking to see if you were honest about when you last used it.

hello Guys, I was banned for Drink Driving as a one off incident back in 2012 and banned for 2 years back in 2012 as a learner driver. Now I am on the hunt to get a new provisional sent out so I can do my theory and driving test.

Questions.

Can I go to my GP to get a medical done for this?
How do I book my medical for a learner driver?
MOST IMPORTANT - DO THEY test you for drugs? I don't take drugs but do smoke weed now and then and need to know if they test for Weed and if this can effect your medical.
Whats peoples experiences and any confirmation of that.
Does it also cost money for medical??

Thanks Fred

I presume from your ban being 2 years, your reading was 90 or above in breath?
That makes you a high risk offender. Being a provisional licence holder makes no difference to the procedure. Get an application form from a post office (it is a D1) fill it in, ticking ‘after being disqualified for certain offences’ and send it off with the fee of £90. After a couple of weeks DVLA will write to you giving contact details for a doctor in your area. Yo7 have to make an appointment within 6 weeks of the date on the letter to have the medical.... and you pay about £96 for it. You cannot have the medical at your own doctor.
You have to fill out a questionnaire which asks various questions about alcohol and drug use. Dependent on the answers given, you may have to give a urine sample to be tested for drugs. You will certainly have to provide a blood sample which will be tested for something called CDT which indicates your alcohol usage in recent weeks / months.

I don't take drugs but do smoke weed now

So you do take drugs, and seeing as the cannabis limit is essentially zero, you're going to drug drive as soon as you get your licence back?

It's your choice, but don't kid yourself that the police don't see cannabis as a drug. If you get caught before 2022 it will be a minimum three year ban.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off