Banned because being 'alcohol dependant' when I barely drink.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mark M

Hi.

I am a truck driver and was reported to DVLA by unknown person (although I have a pretty good idea who it is) for having blackouts... I don't have blackouts but I'll carry on.

I was annoyed that I was being scrutinized when I am a fit, healthy 53 year old who doesn't smoke, take drugs, gamble and barely drinks but filmed the forms in knowing that it will be proven wrong in the future.

My Dr was requested to send my medical records through to DVLA of which he did and on 13th of December 2022 called me as another request had come from them about my drinking habits. I told the Dr the last drink I had was in August, told him about my current state of mind (it was excellent) and was happy this now 10 month long, drawn out affair was finally coming to an end.

22nd December 2022 I came home from work and the letter was there. Decision was complete ban on all vehicles for 3 years AND abstain from alcohol for 3 years with proof of this.

My mental health is now shot to bits. I can't sleep. I can't eat. These people have ruined my life just before Christmas.... For doing nothing wrong.

Please help. I'm a shadow of myself because of these people.

Btw. Forgot to put their decision was due to my apparent 'alcohol dependence'. First I, my wife, my Dr, my children, my parents, my work or my friends knew about it!!!

You can appeal any Dvla decision to the Magistrates Court so that could possibly be a fix for you.

Kind regards
Martin.
Thank you Martin. Would you know how that works? Is the Magistrates decision final or can DVLA overrule that? Do they talk to each other? How do the local Magistrate come to a decision? Sorry, loads of questions but my head's in bits 😭

Yes please, very much. I may get my first night's sleep in 10 days tonight.

Thank you.
Mark.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off