Ban

Convicted Driver Insurance
I was unemployed at the time of my court case due to having to leave my position for the conviction and was still fined £250, so not getting a fine while unemployed isn't true. The Drink Driving Awareness course wasn't significantly cheaper for being unemployed either it was £30/£40 cheaper. Keep your Job and tell your employer, you'll not be the first with a DD conviction and you certainly won't be the last. I only had to leave my job because I was working with kids and the parents kicked up over my crash as I live in a small town and word travels fast.

So I’m more then likely not going to gain employment in care again then

Obviously it is going to be difficult to get a care job if it involves visiting people in their homes, but for residential care there may well not be a problem. An employers concern will be if the drink drive conviction indicates a drink problem. Be upfront about the conviction, stress (if true) that you do not normally drink much but explain how it happens and they may well be understanding.
About 18 months ago there was a teacher posting on here who was sacked after a drink drive conviction but gained employment as a teacher after she wrote an explanatory letter with her application and they were happy to offer her employment on the basis of her proven teaching expertise.

No issue at all working in care, I'm working in the exact same line of work that I was in before my ban. I didn't lose my Job because of the conviction, my boss was fine with it and told me not to worry about it. It was only when parents stuck their noses in and threatened to pull their kids out of the crech if a criminal was working there that I had to leave.

Thank you all for your useful information where I work at the moment isn’t to great and I was considering leaving before this happened due to many reasons just hope I can find somewhere now that’s easy access via public transport I’m trying to put it all in before court so I’m already prepared for the blow I get will see

I was just wondering they ask you to do a means form when you go to court to pay the fine you get but I’m unsure what my income will be as won’t find out til after court does anyone have an idea of what I should do I’m on sick at the moment and have fallen into debt now with my car and I’m scared and confused

I was just wondering if anybody can help I’m in court Tomorrow and I’m not sure what my income will be until the end of the month as I terminated my employment and am awaiting help from the government I know I will have to do a re fine form so they can fine me on a income base but without knowing this will it go against me

And when they fine you do you have to pay it in full on that day or can you make arrangements to pay this I have had possible job offers to but again there is no start date for them so with income at the moment I am still a bit up in the air and I’m worried that for this reason they may inprison me if I don’t have the money there and then

I won’t be paying in full I will pay so much a week that’s just cause I’m not working but I should think you can pay so much a week or so if you work just I’m not working at the moment maybe someone else here can tell you

Well that’s the reality of it I came clean and handed my notice in so everything is already ruined before tomorrow I feel so sick it’s awful wish I never picked my car up now

You will not go to prison if you say you cannot pay On the day!
you will be given a “means test form” to fill out at court to state your income.
if you will be unemployed next week then state this on the form, but you will still get a fine.
the court can order you to pay a fine and the lowest they will normally accept is £15-25 per 2 weeks

Yesterday wasn’t so bad at all I went to court and went to see the duty solicitor she had taken a look at my references and letter and offered to represent but said she could be a while so I went in to represent myself the usher was really helpful I put across my mitigation and the magic starting crying to along with myself I did nearly get a 12 month ban but the court clerk reminded the majistrates with the guidelines ? either way I don’t feel it went to bad I received a 17 month ban reduced to 13 with the course and fine all together was £237 everyone on here is definitely right you do feel better once it’s over with thanks for all your help guys?

I just wanted to ask following my sentence yesterday of a 17 month ban reduced to 13 with the course the magistrates just said I’m disqualified but did not say I would have to retake my test or mention a medical I have only had my license 21 months does anybody know if il get a license back or provisional as he did not mention points either

to attend a DVLA medical after your ban you would of needed a breath reading of 87.5 or above to be classed as a HRO, there are no points on your licence when it is returned it is just a straight ban with an added extra of the code you were guilty of, DR10= drink drive DR30= failing to provide etc which is declarable to all insurance companies for the next five years, however I'm not sure about your recently passed driving test, I'm not sure if you would have to resit because it's under 2 years....

to attend a DVLA medical after your ban you would of needed a breath reading of 87.5 or above to be classed as a HRO, there are no points on your licence when it is returned it is just a straight ban with an added extra of the code you were guilty of, DR10= drink drive DR30= failing to provide etc which is declarable to all insurance companies for the next five years, however I'm not sure about your recently passed driving test, I'm not sure if you would have to resit because it's under 2 years....
Maybe price 1367 can answer your question on that issue...

You get NO points for drink driving, just a straight ban.
The new drivers scheme resulting in a retake of your test is if you get 6 points or more in the 2 years after you first pass your test. So you have no points and will not have to retake your test.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off