Ban not showing on my licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

mljackson92

Hi all, I believe I was disqualified in April of this year for drink driving. I attended court however due to a neurological condition my memory is incredibly poor. I can't remember how long my ban was for or when it is up. I went on the driver check code on gov.uk and my licence still shows as a full licence with no points or disqualifications. I phoned DVLA and they have no documentation on file to show I have a disqualification and have had not received a notification from the court either. I contacted the court and gave them my details on my licence and they were unable to find a record of me. I know I definitely received a driving ban. I'm not sure where I stand now or if the court have not submitted my information correctly or there is a spelling error on my name. Where do I go from here ?

This is a hard one to answer.

If you know you are banned you should not drive. Whilst you are in a tricky position if you know you were disqualified the problem may be revealed at a later stage, but by then it may then be to late.

However, if you are going to drive I recommend you speak to the DVLA and Court again to confirm your findings and this time take a note of the persons full name and the date etc. If then you apply to get car insurance and they do not flag anything up then you will have done all you can.

If you get pulled over and the police prosecute you for disqualified driving you will be guilty of the offence, but you will be able to avail yourself of a special reasons argument to dramatically reduce the sentence.

Kind regards
Martin

Thank you for your response, I'm just wondering if they have misspelt my name as they never asked for my licence in court or my driving licence number. Is it normal practice to give back your physical licence in with a drink driving conviction?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off