BAN NEARLY FINISHED

Convicted Driver Insurance

chris125

Well Known Member
I have 3 weeks to go until my 1 year ban is over. Actually it was 9 months because of the driver awareness course reduction. I have counted every day of it and it really has been a difficult emotional hangover for me to deal with.
Anyway, hopefully onwards and upwards and here is my question.......
As I'm in Northern Ireland I have to re-sit my driving test. That's the rule here. My date for the ban being over is 17th March. I was wondering if anyone knows when I could have an actual provisional licence in my hand as I need it to book the theory test. I know the licence can't be dated before 17th March but is there any chance I could get it before that date to allow me to book my theory test and driving test for dates after 17th March?

Chris

Chris,

I contacted the DVLA in Coleraine when my ban was near up in December 2013. They informed me they cannot process the application until the driving ban is actually over - its the rules !!!!

In mainland UK, they contact you 90 days beforehand but if you have to resit the test again you cannot drive under Section 88 until you receive your Provisional Licence. If your ban ends on March 17th it should only be 10 days to receive your licence back again.

Chris,

I contacted the DVLA in Coleraine when my ban was near up in December 2013. They informed me they cannot process the application until the driving ban is actually over - its the rules !!!!

In mainland UK, they contact you 90 days beforehand but if you have to resit the test again you cannot drive under Section 88 until you receive your Provisional Licence. If your ban ends on March 17th it should only be 10 days to receive your licence back again.

Thanks for your reply Andy. Yes it looks like that's the way it works. I phoned them myself and they said my application will sit until the day the ban is over before they do anything with it. At least it's there and waiting though. Only 8 days to go until my nightmare is over. Well sort of, seeing as I still need to do a theory test and a practical test before I can finally get this emotional monkey off my back!
If ever a lesson was well and truly learned then this is it. I don't have a drinking problem of any kind, I was never a drink driver before my incident and I can assure the world that I will never be one again. I used to see the ads on TV warning people about the consequences of drink driving........lose your licence, lose your job, lose your home, relationship breakdowns etc. etc. and I thought that firstly, it would never apply to me and secondly that it was all just scare tactics. Well I lost my licence and I came soooooo close to losing the rest of them too.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off