Back On The Road!

Convicted Driver Insurance

chris125

Well Known Member
I am now officially and totally legally back on the road and it feels fantastic. After passing my driving test on Saturday I have now bought myself a car, a 2011 Mercedes C-Class.
I spent the morning getting insurance quotations and whilst it was higher than I have ever paid before it was still less than I expected under the circumstances.
In the end I settled on AXA at a cost of £750 for the year, fully comprehensive and including breakdown cover and business use.
To be able to drive alone on the road for the first time since June 2013 is wonderful. For those of you who are still disqualified....believe me, it will soon be over. The last 9 months have been miserable for me and to be honest I never really came to terms with it all. The lesson is well and truly learned!

Last edited:
I am now officially and totally legally back on the road and it feels fantastic. After passing my driving test on Saturday I have now bought myself a car, a 2011 Mercedes C-Class.
I spent the morning getting insurance quotations and whilst it was higher than I have ever paid before it was still less than I expected under the circumstances.
In the end I settled on AXA at a cost of £750 for the year, fully comprehensive and including breakdown cover and business use.
To be able to drive alone on the road for the first time since June 2013 is wonderful. For those of you who are still disqualified....believe me, it will soon be over. The last 9 months have been miserable for me and to be honest I never really came to terms with it all. The lesson is well and truly learned!
Can I ask your age, etc. and also your ban length etc regarding the cost of the insurance? Were there cheaper?
£750 for the first year doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off