Back calculation success rate ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

redzed

Well Known Member
Hi folks

I'm currently on bail awaiting possible charges because the police in my case are still waiting for forensic evidence to arrive. Given the nature of my incident where I was arrested 10 mins after walking away from my car and not having a breathalyser test until I arrived at the police station some 45 mins later, I assume that this forensic evidence is indeed a 'back calculation'. For those that don't know a 'back calculation' will be carried out to establish what a persons BAC level would have been some time earlier when actually driving the vehicle. There is an assumption made by the crown that the BAC level whilst driving is the same as when your BAC level was measured in the police station so you're basically assumed to be guilty unless you can prove otherwise. Am I therefore correct in assuming that the police only have their own 'back calculation' carried out in order to possibly refute a defendants own 'back calculation' which they employed an independent lab to carry out to try to prove that they were under the legal BAC limit whilst driving?

Has anyone on here got any experience of 'back calculations' and if so did this route prove successful in court?

many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off