Back Calculation Drink Driving Advise

Convicted Driver Insurance

mandytia

Hi, my 17 year old daughter was caught drink driving and at the time was breath aliased at the side of the road which was showing she was over the limit. Due to her having to go to hospital a blood test was taken 5 hours after the incident. The police have advised that they wish for her to attend an interview and complete a form. They want to know what she ate that day, how much she drank and what she drank. I asked the police office what the blood test had come back as but he said he wasn't obliged to say. I'm guessing that the results have come back being within the legal limit. How can a back calculation be taken into account as evidence when it's my daughters version against the police. Help im at my wits end. We have to go to the police station for questioning Thursday. Thank you

Good afternoon.

I can't recommend highly enough taking a solicitor with you. The police are looking at taking a version of your daughters story and matching it with what they know and from there deciding how much your daughter had to drink.

Nobody, without being there, can give you advice really but if you do go it alone then be very careful what you say as it will no doubt follow her to Court.

Kind regards
Martin.

Good afternoon.

I can't recommend highly enough taking a solicitor with you. The police are looking at taking a version of your daughters story and matching it with what they know and from there deciding how much your daughter had to drink.

Nobody, without being there, can give you advice really but if you do go it alone then be very careful what you say as it will no doubt follow her to Court.

Kind regards
Martin.

Thank you Martin, appreciate your time to reply. I have requested a duty solicitor who will be meeting us there. It just seems strange that if the bloods are showing that she exceeded the limit why they would want a back calculation.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off