Awaiting a response after medical from DVLA for one month now

Convicted Driver Insurance

RegDoll

was banned HRO for 12 months 6 years ago. I did a test in November 2017 0.8 CDT but my doctor put on the form that I had been in to ask for advice on cutting down my drinking. I was then not given the licence so applied again in June 2018 they took ages to response then wrote to my Doctor he was off Ill so finally did the Medical on 11th Dec 0.01 CDT have not been to the doctors other than for a bad back. I have called and called the DVLA and keep being told no decision made I have a new job awaiting with BT open reach and also am in Court in the 14th Jan for access arrangements for my 3yr Old daughter. The Court gave asked for confirmation from the DVLA as my ex says I have a drink problem. Do you know how much longer it should take and are they likely to fail me this time. If so would a Solicitor be able to help me get my licence back thanks

Report Edit

You need to contact the DVLA to get the results and chase, chase, chase, they are not known for their efficiency.

In regards to court, in family courts the onus is on someone who makes an accusation to prove on balance of probabilities it is true. If the only evidence your ex has is that you were once banned for DD it seems very unlikely the court would see that in itself as proof you had a drink problem.

Belt and braces you can bring in your CDT test results and a print out explaining that 0.8% indicates almost zero alcohol. You can also get character references, ideally from people of standing in the community, saying you are of good character.

Overall though family courts are used to unfounded accusations being thrown around and they aren't going to believe your ex unless she has some proof.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off