AVIVA DD policy on claim

Convicted Driver Insurance

dantan

Hi All
I've ended up on this site because of drink driving like you all I guess.
Blew 90 , first offence and my solicitor will try and mitigate but I've got a good idea what's coming.
Was in a collision with a parked vehicle and was all my fault. No one hurt (other vehicle was empty) but a fair bit of damage....totally pathetic idea to drive a short distance that I could have walked or got a taxi.

My question is around what AVIVA will pay and not pay and will they pursue me for repair costs for the other car? I've read here about Admirals policy wording but can't find that on my insurance docs.
The damage on both cars is I'm told repairable but the bill is going to be hefty.
I'm kind of expecting they will peruse me for payment of refuse repair with mine but correct me if I'm wrong.
Hope this makes sense.

Ta

I have looked at the Aviva terms and conditions and there does not seem to be an exclusion that means they can recover their costs from you (page 33):

https://www.aviva.co.uk/content/dam...motor_policy_booklet_241017_NMDMG10249_v3.pdf
But it is often the case that insurance companies will pay out for the other vehicle, because they are obliged to, but refuse to pay for your own vehicle damage because you were negligent and caused it yourself.
You will have to put a claim in for your damage and see what they say.

Thanks for your answer John.
So not as explicit as the Admiral policies but guess you are referring to " is not complying with the terms and conditions of the licence " ?

Both cars are now at the repair garage so I'll just wait for the we're not paying for yours you idiot call !

If anyone has any experience of a similar situation with AVIVA it would be good to hear from you.

Thanks

You were complying with the terms of your licence - the licence simply allows you to drive certain classes of vehicle.

DD is an offence but not a licencing offence.

From memory Aviva are more generous about DD than most insurers, although as said they may be less than happy about paying for your car.

i was with aviva when i was caught in 2018 and so scared there going to be a letter trying to recoup costs just to say there isnt a page 33 in the link unless its been updated or something but on page 28 it says we wont pay for any accident, injury, loss or damage which happened whilst you or any persons insured to drive your vehicle as named on your certificate of motor insurance was driving your vehicle and was arrested and charged with: – being over the legal limit for alcohol or drugs – driving whilst unfit through alcohol or drugs, whether prescribed or otherwise – failing to provide a sample of breath, blood or urine when required to do so, without lawful reason If convicted of any of these offences, our liability under Section 2, will be restricted to meeting obligations under the Road Traffic Acts. In those circumstances we will recover from you and/or the person insured driving your vehicle all sums paid in respect of any claim arising from the accident.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off