At July last year I was riding eSkuta SX-250d EAPC electric-assisted push bike

Convicted Driver Insurance

jacob2021

i didnt need a diving licence or insurance or helmet to ride it. It has pedals and apparently its considered a bike. But they charged me with
Drive whilst unfit through drink. Wording
On 22/06/2022 at Teversham in the county of
Cambridgeshire drove a mechanically propelled vehicle,
namely a blue and black ESKUTA, on a road, namely
Gazelle Way, whilst unfit to drive through drink
Contrary to section 4(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and
Schedule 2 to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988.

According to the manufacturer, eSkuta is not a motor vehicle neither a mechanically propelled vehicle. Are these charges right?
No one was harmed I just fell off the bike and was in pain for a few weeks well I deserve this.
What am I facing? I didn't destroy any car or hurt anyone. sample contained not less than 130mg of alcohol per 100ml blood at court now and have ni representantion

Good morning,

Your question is very specific and is about a specific vehicle which I have no knowledge of. however most electric bikes are propelled by a motor and therefore are mechanically propelled, and as such driving one intoxicated would be an offence.

I would take the manufacturer information you have to Court with you and ask the prosecutor to look and it and if that does not help at least the Court will understand why you did it.

Kind regards
Martin.

it worked they changed the charges to a normal pedal bike and no driving ban and I kept my licence but was fined 600£. And I am not writing this to encourage anyone to drink and drive. That is a stupid and not responsible thing to do. I was just lucky to avoid terrible consequences.

but one thing I dont understand. Do I still have a criminal record? is riding a normal bike a criminal offence?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off