arrested supicion of DD, bloods under limit. No figure given. charged with careless driving. Possible technicality

Convicted Driver Insurance

xena1dog

HI Martin,
In mid November I was arrestd for supected DD having apparently been driving erractically and then clipping a land rover which somehow ended up with my car stuck in said vehicle. A witness who it seemed had phoned the police that I seemd liked a DD phoned the police. I have a very serious lung problem, so I couldn't give a reading at the roadside, they decided to take me in. I couldn't breathe into the machine either so it was blood.
I opened a letter yesterday charging me with careless driving. The PC's statement said it transpired that whilst there were substances in my system nothing was over the proscribed limit. The letter said it was posted on 15 Dec. I am sure it was only lying there a couple of days. I am bad at opening things when under stress and obviously it would have been caught up in the Christmas post, and what with the holidays it doesn't giv e me long to get back to them.

1.regarding the DUI first....is that over now? or might they do a back calculation or something else? I haven't had an NFA letter regarding that.

2. regarding Careless Driving. I was trying to find a solicitor last night, or who would be open in the holidays. One solicitor said that if I hadn't been served a Notice of Intended Prosecution 14 days before then they could write to the police or the CPS and get the case dropped.
Is this correct?
I'd be grateful if you have any chance to look at this before the New Year. Many thanks

Obviously I had better ensure I hadn't received it. I had some cleaners in and they've moved everything and shoved them in various places.)

Hi.

Yes it very much sounds like the drink driving aspect is over as they confirmed you were not over the limit. They could have done back calculations but it is expensive so it's rare they actually do it.

As to the NIP I belive that is not correct. Once they warn you that you may be prosecuted for an offence (the drink driving) the requirement is fulfilled.

Kind regards
Martin.

Had a thought, not sure they did warn me fror drink driving. It went to blood because of my pulmonary condition, I was just released under investigation. Does that count as a NIP?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off