Arrested for drink driving & charged with failing to provide

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi Craig, I didn’t refuse the breathalyser, i tried it numerous times, I just couldn’t reach their levels of breath targets because I had a chest infection at time and just kept coughing when trying. I tried my hardest to do it, does that still make ma HRO?

Refusal/failure I've seen is used interchangeably - I don't like that, as refusal means that you made a decision to purposely not provide. Whilst failure gives the idea that you were unable to for one reason or anotherm

I tried and certainly didn’t refuse, I would never have done that. I saw my solicitor yesterday who told me to plead guilty as it would go more in my favour.

HI Kate just something to give you an idea try not to worry we've all made mistakes thats why we here... it does get better with time ...

Attachments

• IMG_1194.PNG
    IMG_1194.PNG
    132.3 KB · Views: 24
I know the feeling I was once where you are now and it can make you ill. On this forum you probably will here some terrible negative stories as your reality starts to sink inn and on the other hand you will here some pleasant stories of people winning back their licence and overjoyed at the good news and with time you will be one of them.Craigs right keep in touch with your doctor to document your progress on your journey to regaining your licence and your life back. Switch off sometimes from the forum as it can be addictive but tune in again when advice is needed, there's always someone on here that will have the advice that you will be looking for... so for now your not on your own ?

Yes Kate sorry you will still be HRO unless you win your case in court which am not knowledgeable enough to advice , but you had consumed alcohol and it's fortunate for everyone no one was hurt apart from pride

Thanks, worrying myself sick, can’t eat, sleep or drink.
Sorry to hear about this Kate P. After reading the thread, it seems the Police will charge you with failing to provide. That in itself makes you guilty to DD. I hope your current solicitor isnt telling you have a chance of not being charged and giving you false hope. Craig121 makes the important point that no one was hurt during this incident. In cold hard terms be prepared to be banned from driving. If offered, take the rehab course to reduce the ban. Good luck

I was arrested yesterday for suspected haven driven a car under the influece, I gave about 4 breath test but they all failed because I had been unwell with a suspected chest infection, and I did tell tholice this. so I’ve now been charged with failing to provide a specimen, however they never asked at any point any for a blood or urine sample. It says that I failed without reasonable excuse to do so. I also asked to see a medic to get my chest checked, but this never happened.r

I would urge you to getting advice from a solicitor on your chances of a medical defence. When I first got my summons I thought there was no hope but there is.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off