Arrested for drink driving but never followed up

Convicted Driver Insurance

I was arrested at the end of November 2019 for drink driving, there was actually no evidence I was driving my car as I was not in the vehicle at the time of arrest, I was breathalysed when arrested and then again at the station where I blew over.

since then I was due to be interviewed in December however the police cancelled this, I received a further call late January to let me know they will be arranging an interview within a few days and haven’t heard anything since.

I have been advised that procedures were not followed by the police as the air bags had gone off in the car I should have been taken to hospital which I was not and also that there is no evidence I was driving the car as I was not in the vehicle or by the vehicle when the police arrived.

Is it likely this could be dropped?

how long do the police have to prosecute or even interview me?

I may be moving abroad later this year so was keen to see if this is common?

The police may not have evidence themselves that you were driving, but they may have some independent evidence from a witness Who could confirm this.
If the police do contact you to arrange an interview you should seek legal advice before you attend, or ask for the duty solicitor when you attend the police station (but this could lead to a delay while you are there). The solicitor will advise you based on what evidence is disclosed to them before the interview.
In theory the police have 6 months from the offence to start proceedings. This does not mean that you must receive a summons inside 6 months, just that one has to be applied for and you might not get the summons for several weeks after that.

My case hasn't been followed up either drink driving crashed into a parked vehicle with passengers in my car blew 110 roadside 84 at the station happened on dec 3rd I've only received a large bill from the company that removed my car that's scrap now not heard anything from police or solicitor almost at 4 months don't know what the hell to do.

I was interviewed by the police 2 weeks ago by an officer from a different police force as the accident happened quite far away from home, I gave a no comment interview and the interviewing officer said he would be surprised if I heard anything further on the matter so just need to wait and see now

I was interviewed by the police 2 weeks ago by an officer from a different police force as the accident happened quite far away from home, I gave a no comment interview and the interviewing officer said he would be surprised if I heard anything further on the matter so just need to wait and see now
Yeah I did no comment through my interview is well

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off