Arrested for DD

Convicted Driver Insurance

Charlt82

Hi could someone please help I was arrested for drink driving on the grounds the officer could smell drink on my breath..
When breath tested the did not obtain an accurate machine reading which then ended in them taking a urine sample.
I was realeased without interview charge or bail conditions after only 6 hours.
As far as I was aware if I was over the limit I would have expected to be bailed at least could anyone shine some light... I had drank 2 small glasses of wine and soda any advice would be much appreciated

It used to be a matter of course that a person was released on bail to return to find out the result of their sample.
Suspected drink drivers used to be bailed for about 6 weeks and if the result was not back, they were simply retailed, sometimes 2 or 3 times.
A few years ago, however, the guidelines on repeat bailing of a suspect was tightened up, and more recently the length of time to get the lab results has lengthened. That is why suspects are released without bail, and then contacted at a later stage when the police have the result.
Problems can then arise when the result is negative and the suspect is not informed, causing anxiety until it can be presumed that it is too late for proceedings to be taken. (nearly 7 months)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off