Arrested & charged with drink driving 3 weeks ago

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello.. wanted to update you all.

Just got home from court, very nerve racking but the magistrates were very lovely.
They said they could see how remorseful I was, I represented myself and read out a letter I prepared. The police also made nice comments about me in the statements.
They said the were going to go out of guidelines and give me a larger fine instead of community order. Ban D
I got a ban of 24 months reduced to 18 doing the course and a fine of £980.
There was a journalist in court so now going to have the stress to see if it’s in papers.
I must say I was the best dressed person in the court everyone else in tracksuits. Awful experience which I hope not to repeat ever again.
pleased the court is over just-stressing about papers. thanks for everyone’s support xx

Just got home from court, very nerve racking but the magistrates were very lovely.
They said they could see how remorseful I was, I represented myself and read out a letter I prepared. The police also made nice comments about me in the statements.
They said the were going to go out of guidelines and give me a larger fine instead of community order. Ban D
There was a journalist in court so now going to have the stress to see if it’s in papers.
I must say I was the best dressed person in the court everyone else in tracksuits. Awful experience which I hope not to repeat ever again.
pleased the court is over just-stressing about papers. thanks for everyone’s support xx
Thank you for the update, bet your glad its over and that all were nice to you, it helps, we are still human if daft afterall, are you pleased with your outcome? I think it good that its going down to 18 with the course, I hope they don't put you in the paper, but as others say, it'll be old news in a week and if we're all honest we've all cocked up on occassions, so those that matter hopefully won't be judgemental :)

God thats a massive fine!
I really hope it doesnt go in the paper. Did you spot anyone hanging around outside the court or sitting in the car as when I came out of court a car was sat across the road with the engine running then pulled away a minute after I came out. 3 days later I was in the paper. The person in that car was a photographer.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you, and i am pleased its all over and done with for you. If you want to chat about anything you can send me a message x

God thats a massive fine!
I really hope it doesnt go in the paper. Did you spot anyone hanging around outside the court or sitting in the car as when I came out of court a car was sat across the road with the engine running then pulled away a minute after I came out. 3 days later I was in the paper. The person in that car was a photographer.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you, and i am pleased its all over and done with for you. If you want to chat about anything you can send me a message x
Thank you so much, it’s so nice to talk to people who have been in the same situation. I know I thought it was a high fine, they said they gave me a band D fine instead of community order. I filled out the document with my earnings and they wouldn’t accept it as they said they aren’t accepting documents due to COVID. They just asked me how much I earn but not outgoings when standing in court. Luckily they said I can pay monthly and suggested £80 per month so not too bad. I couldn’t see anyone but you never know with these photographers with the long lense cameras. I keep refreshing newspaper pages now like a lunatic. 😭😭🙏🙏 xxx

Thank you so much, it’s so nice to talk to people who have been in the same situation. I know I thought it was a high fine, they said they gave me a band D fine instead of community order. I filled out the document with my earnings and they wouldn’t accept it as they said they aren’t accepting documents due to COVID. They just asked me how much I earn but not outgoings when standing in court. Luckily they said I can pay monthly and suggested £80 per month so not too bad. I couldn’t see anyone but you never know with these photographers with the long lense cameras. I keep refreshing newspaper pages now like a lunatic. 😭😭🙏🙏 xxx
I got a £100 fine then costs and victim surcharge on top of that, 12 month community order but not community service as I have 2 children and work. So I do activities with probation every couple of weeks plus drink drive course. I got banned in january, its now november. I am in a different place although still think people are looking at me from time to time as i was in the paper. Think im just paranoid.
I dont really know anyone this has happened to either, well I know someone but it was years ago and she was only slightly over the limit so only got a years ban.

I only blew 3 more than you and only got £85 fine which they let me pay back at £5 a week but did get 80 in community service, that was easy enough just cooking food one day a week at Salvation Army in town

You are 2/3 over the worst - being caught and being sentenced - the final but is press. So I guess a week or so - As I mentioned before there were no reporters in the court as it was a really quiet day - confirmed by solicitor
So shocked a week later to get a call from a friend to say I had hit the local free paper 1/2 page plus photo from an old press release & all re my job etc
But one year on I have survived - (with covid a lot of free papers are only on line which could be in your favour)
Next week I can drive again - not that I can get a car due to lockdown!!
Stay strong - if you hit the press it will blow over & with covid there is more on peoples minds
Do the course ASAP - pick large location as they need a minimum number to run it - they go by post code when suggesting venues but I picked a local city as good to get to via public transport

You will have some dark days but it gets better -
Btw you will find out who true friends are

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off