Arrested after hospital

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ressy113

Hi
I had a car accident involving me grazing 4 parked cars. I was taken to hospital then taking to a police station.

When I took the breath test I blew 50 and was charged with ‘driving vehicle when alcohol level above limit’. It’s possible that I could have been spiked as I know I did not drink much.

Should I still plead guilty?
What would my sentence look like if I plead guilty?
Is it worth mentioning that I was spiked in court?
What would be your advice to me please?

I asked for legal aid at the police station but I was never given access to call or speak to any lawyer and I was not interviewed.. is this normal?

Good evening.

As you have a lot of questions it may be worth me asking one of my team to give you a call to go through some advice. It would be free of charge but I cannot type the amount of information it would require to fully answer all of your questions.

Alternatively if you could narrow down your question to something less broad I could attempted a typed answer?

Kind regards
Martin.

Your.offence is very serious. Drink driving with an accident involved will be treated seriously and whilst the level is low it will be noted that time had passed whilst you went to hospital.

Drink driving carry two punishments the disqualification and the actual punishment. I would guess that you are looking at a starting point of around 18 to 24 months disqualification. In terms of punishment they can do three things, a fine, community punishment and prison. They will certainly not be looking at fine as a starting point but I'm sure your solicitor will be able to steer the Court away from a prison sentence with good mitigation and relying on the eventual breath reading.

Kind regards
Martin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off