are the police right

Convicted Driver Insurance

big regret

I recently got behind the wheel of my car after having a few drinks and ended up losing control on a corner an the car flipped i go out fine and went to look for help a women then found me and called the police, when the police arrived i was breathlised and was over on 54 i admitted i was driving, but i would like to know if the police took the right steps.

As they never looked for the car and never checked if the car was causing an abstruction, they asked me if anyone was left in the car, which there was'nt but i had just been in a crash and was a little confused are they allowed to just take my word for it?

They never called an ambulance either do they have to if i have been in a crash?

i was only in the police station for an hour arn't they supposed to keep you over night?

I have also forgot alot of details because i was so shocked, i did'nt even know were i was until i stubbled across the motorway will that change anything is court?

I was breathalised on the side of the motorway a mile away from the crash, the police only new i was in a crash they didnt know i was driving, but they shown no help to me since i had been in a car crash is it because i looked ok they othered no help to me?

sorry if the questions seem stupid i just don't know what to do.

Hi there,

If you accepted the offence at Court by pleading guilty you are likely to be sentenced to a disqualification of 16 months unless you can successfully persuade the Court to reduce the ban to the minimum 12 months. You would also be sentenced to a fine based on your income, court costs and the victim surcharge of £15.

You have raised questions in relation to the procedure adopted at the road side by the police. We would only be able to comment on the procedure if we were able to look at the witness statements and to take your full instructions. We could offer an advisory service to you for a fixed fee.

The sample that should be relied on in court is the lowest of the two evidential samples taken at the police station, rather than the screening test taken at the road side.

The court will take into account aggravating and mitigating factors and may vary the sentence accordingly.

Because you are unlikely to receive a prison sentence then legal aid probably won't be granted and if you wanted to take formal legal advice and arrange representation before going to court then this is something that you would have to fund yourself. The cost of this will depend on the level and quality of service that your son requires.

If you chose to be represented, then a motoring solicitor can check the evidence at court to ensure that the police followed all the correct procedures before you decides to plead guilty. Going to Court can be a daunting prospect for those who have never experienced it before. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want help in arranging representation. We have many many years experience in this area of law and can arrange representation in any court in England or Wales and we can usually provide a service to match your budget.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off