Are the drink driving laws in the UK adequate?

Convicted Driver Insurance
You have given your opinion, I have given mine. I believe at present, Parliament agree's with me. There is an appeals procedure open to the defendant and the cps which it also appears you do not agree with.

I have no problem with the current drink drive laws. I am NOT Pro ​drink driving and nor am I pro drug driving.

Your opinion is fine but you go way off subject and introduce irrelevant extremes that have nothing to do with the discussion such as, hanging, hands being cut off, drink drivers being sentenced to life in prison (which nobody suggested in the first place).....seriously if you stuck to the point without the drivel you would make more sense.

Where do I state that I do not agree with the appeals procedure? Are you reading the correct post? I fully agree that anyone who has been convicted of any crime has the right to appeal.

I too have no problem with the current drink driving laws but I would like to see that they are increased in severity from a 2nd offence.

For someone who claims not to be pro drink driving, all your posts suggest the drink driver when caught is the victim.

What exactly did you say in your post that Parliment agrees with?

I dont mean any offence by this but do you post whilst drinking? It really is difficult to make much sense out of what you say and see what point you are trying to make. These weird posts always seem to be made in the late evening

If and when I get my licence renewed, I am going to tell the forum i have received the outcome but do not want to post it publicly because we have a nasty insect called "ukboxer" crawling about the forums at the moment and I do not want to make the insect angry!!! Just encase it stings me.:) ;)

If and when I get my licence renewed, I am going to tell the forum i have received the outcome but do not want to post it publicly because we have a nasty insect called "ukboxer" crawling about the forums at the moment and I do not want to make the insect angry!!! Just encase it stings me.:) ;)

Yet another pointless, childish post because you have no constructive reply.

I seriously think you need to address your own issues before you even attempt to 'help' others here (and i use the term 'help' very loosely). You clearly have some major problems in your life which come across in your posts.

Many times you have posted that drink driving is acceptable, do you really think your attitude towards drink driving is appropriate on a drink driving forum??

Your posts are not only contradictory, they are pro drink driving, full of excuses and viewing drink drivers as the 'victim'. If anyone is unsure by what i mean, please click bristol.red username to view his posts and make your own mind up.

As ive said many times I have sympathy for anyone who has made the mistake to drink drive and learned from it. You on the other hand quite clearly havent, for whatever reason(s) you just cant see the severity of drink driving and the potential risk that it poses to others.

When will the seriousness of drink driving finally get through to you? When you kill someone on the road?

Getting back to the topic of this thread:

The drink driving laws and sentencing are NOT tough enough if people like bristol.red can get their licence back. He will undoubtedly reoffend which puts us all in danger.

Next time he offends I can only hope that the courts will have had enough of seeing him and the DVLA finally come to their senses and permanently delete him from their system.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off