apply for licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ginge78

Hi All...
Been a while since my last post.. Im looking for some advice please.. my 1 year licence runs out in april.. i know i need to apply 90 days before it runs out but should i wait to see if the dvla send me a form..? or get a D1 form and apply again myself..? Also are the dvla still months behind..? Last thing can i still drive if my medical / licence does'nt get renewed before april..?
many thanks in advance..:)

Hi All...
Been a while since my last post.. Im looking for some advice please.. my 1 year licence runs out in april.. i know i need to apply 90 days before it runs out but should i wait to see if the dvla send me a form..? or get a D1 form and apply again myself..? Also are the dvla still months behind..? Last thing can i still drive if my medical / licence does'nt get renewed before april..?
many thanks in advance..:)
Hi, As far as I am aware you can order a D1 form online. I can't remember which forms are which but I do remember that there are two subtley different sets of forms that need to be filled in.
I waited until around 95 days and then contacted the medical department and asked that they send out the correct forms - this way I could ensure I had the right forms etc to go to the right postcodes.
Overall, the DVLA are still months behind, particularly the medical department, my application has been with them since March 10th.
In terms of driving, you need to ensure you fulfil ALL of the criteria of Section 88 and ensure you have spoken to your GP that you are fit to drive.
Part of the S88 criteria is that DVLA need to have your correct and complete paperwork - hence another reason to contact them and ask that they send out the required documents for you to complete.

Last edited:
Hi, As far as I am aware you can order a D1 form online. I can't remember which forms are which but I do remember that there are two subtley different sets of forms that need to be filled in.
I waited until around 95 days and then contacted the medical department and asked that they send out the correct forms - this way I could ensure I had the right forms etc to go to the right postcodes.
Overall, the DVLA are still months behind, particularly the medical department, my application has been with them since March 10th.
In terms of driving, you need to ensure you fulfil ALL of the criteria of Section 88 and ensure you have spoken to your GP that you are fit to drive.
Part if the S88 criteria is that DVLA need to have your correct and complete paperwork - hence another reason to contact them and ask that they send out the required documents for you to complete.
That's great.. thanks for you reply.. very much appreciated..👍👍

That's great.. thanks for you reply.. very much appreciated..👍👍
No bother, as I said I would wait and get the correct forms directly from DVLA. From memory one set goes with your licence application and also contains medical forms / details and goes to one postcode.
The other set contains medical forms and some are subtley different and goes directly to the medical department at a different postcode.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off