Applied for license - can I drive?

Convicted Driver Insurance

TomTom11

Hello, my ban finishes on Feb 15th (Reduced from June), I have sent off for my new license using a D1 form from the Post Office. I am not high risk so it was just the normal application process & when I log in to the DVLA it states that my ban ends on Feb 15th... Can I legally drive from the 15th or do I have to wait until I get my physical License back?

Obviously I currently have no way of knowing what stage my application is at - it could arrive before the 15th or could take longer than that

Hello, my ban finishes on Feb 15th (Reduced from June), I have sent off for my new license using a D1 form from the Post Office. I am not high risk so it was just the normal application process & when I log in to the DVLA it states that my ban ends on Feb 15th... Can I legally drive from the 15th or do I have to wait until I get my physical License back?

Obviously I currently have no way of knowing what stage my application is at - it could arrive before the 15th or could take longer than that
No you cannot drive until your licence has been issued. You don't need to wait for the physical licence, but it needs to have been issued. You can check here https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

When you check at view my driving licence it will say from what date it is valid and the categories of vehicle you are licensed to drive.

Thanks Tom & Simondo - I've just checked again and it says that my license is valid from 18th Feb 2021 - 2nd Jan 2029! I'm happy that this means I don't need to wait until the actual card arrives! Cheers

Thanks Tom & Simondo - I've just checked again and it says that my license is valid from 18th Feb 2021 - 2nd Jan 2029! I'm happy that this means I don't need to wait until the actual card arrives! Cheers
Great news, you are good to go from the 18th! It took about 10 days from sending off the form to me receiving my licence. 24th for me, cannot wait.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off