Application timing

Convicted Driver Insurance

Very informative forum and I won’t bother with my story but I would like advice please as we know dvla have long delays I was due to get my licence back 6/12/2021 and found out yesterday it has been revoked due to dependency so taken 6 months from start to this
My question is my last drink was 30/7/2021 so my year of to prove no alcohol will be 30/7/2022. I am waiting to get appt with doctor which is like a month wait to get blood tests and LFT to support my reapplication
It is recorded with GP my last drink and my dvla blood test was 0.6
I aim to put application in middle of July which they say will accept 8 weeks before end of off driving period as they are taking months to process
By the time they get to my application I am going to ask my Gp to do bloods and lft in May July September Will this be sufficient to support as evidence
Thanks

Very informative forum and I won’t bother with my story but I would like advice please as we know dvla have long delays I was due to get my licence back 6/12/2021 and found out yesterday it has been revoked due to dependency so taken 6 months from start to this
My question is my last drink was 30/7/2021 so my year of to prove no alcohol will be 30/7/2022. I am waiting to get appt with doctor which is like a month wait to get blood tests and LFT to support my reapplication
It is recorded with GP my last drink and my dvla blood test was 0.6
I aim to put application in middle of July which they say will accept 8 weeks before end of off driving period as they are taking months to process
By the time they get to my application I am going to ask my Gp to do bloods and lft in May July September Will this be sufficient to support as evidence
Thanks
Unfortunately, the 12 months complete abstinence proof for dependence is not from the date of last drink, it is from the date that your licence was refused. If it were otherwise, people could claim abstinence of more than 12 months already and reapply for their licence as soon as they have been refused.

You are right to get your GP on board, getting some LFT's under your belt will help with your reapplication, but the timescale is going to be longer than you hoped I'm afraid!

Unfortunately, the 12 months complete abstinence proof for dependence is not from the date of last drink, it is from the date that your licence was refused. If it were otherwise, people could claim abstinence of more than 12 months already and reapply for their licence as soon as they have been refused.

You are right to get your GP on board, getting some LFT's under your belt will help with your reapplication, but the timescale is going to be longer than you hoped I'm afraid!
Ohhh 😮 not good news
Thanks for this information if only they had said no in December when I replied I would be 4 months down the line but no to be
Is it worth all this stress
I’ll just have to accept I can’t drive ever again

I'd try anyway. Your CDT score is excellent, hopefully your LFT tests will come back as 'normal', and the date of your last drink is recorded with your GP. Personally, I'd just re-apply. If they knock you back, they knock you back, but if you don't shoot you don't score!

I'd try anyway. Your CDT score is excellent, hopefully your LFT tests will come back as 'normal', and the date of your last drink is recorded with your GP. Personally, I'd just re-apply. If they knock you back, they knock you back, but if you don't shoot you don't score!
As you say they can only say I’ve reapplied too early and try next year
I nothing to lose I suppose and back up with gp support letter
It actually doesn’t say when the 12 month starts does it! Just says no alcohol with evidence of this

The issue is that if they reapply sooner and are knocked back again, it may be another 12 months from the new refusal date! All very well being proactive, but there needs to be some realism also.

The issue is that if they reapply sooner and are knocked back again, it may be another 12 months from the new refusal date! All very well being proactive, but there needs to be some realism also.
Ah, I thought they'd just ignore your application if it was too early, not give you another refusal.

Ignore what I said! 😅

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off