Appeal?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sjbird

Is worth appealing? I felt like i had really bad representation at the court.

I used NML (national motoring lawyers)
They advised i plead not guilty at first hearing) so i did.

No evidence was served until a week before the trial, so i could get reports ect. Was too short a time to pay for everything.

On the day of the court date, i had about 15 minutes with my lawyer & i feel like he messed up in court. I got 18 months ban & no driving course.

When explaining my reasons for making my silly mistake he messed up the story. and made my story become a contradiction. The judge did not believe my story.

now NML are suggesting i appeal so i can get the drink driving course?

is it worth it? I do feel like i had bad advice & bad representation throughout. I've never done anything wrong with the law before.

Blew 68, caught foolishly drink driving to pick up someone id just met. was lonely just broke up with my partner, no friends or family (due to moving 200 miles for my partner).

Any advice would be good! Thanks

Did you plead guilty or not guilty on the day?
and
When was the case heard?

I plead guilty on the day. And my lawyers were useless. Dear they only made matters worse. Feb 12.

As you pleaded guilty you can only appeal- within 21 days- against the sentence.
The guidelines for a reading of 64 is 17-23 months so you could not really claim that 18 months was excessive......
The drink drive course is NOT a part of the sentence as such so you would not be able to appeal that you were not offered it.
If you feel that you gave clear instructions to the solicitor then you should make a complaint against them to the SRA.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off