apllying for licence back after 6yrs

Convicted Driver Insurance

keep blowing

hiya all am new to the forum so would just like to say hello , am actualy asking this question on behalf of a freind who does not have internet accses.

he got banned for 12months back in 2004 unable to provide specimen of breath.

he moved abroad shortly after and is now back in the uk and wishs to apply for his licence back , he was on a provishanl licence when got done .

does he just after apply for new provishanol as its been over 5yrs or go through the extra cost of applying if disqaulifed before .

also when he does get it back am presuming it will have conviction wrote on it but because its so old will this still effect his insurance , reason i ask is because when i normaly do my insurance it says within last 5yrs .

many thanks

ps am not sure if it is dr10 for unable to provide specimien of breath it just rings a bell for some reason lol

many thanks and sorry about poor spelling

hiya all am new to the forum so would just like to say hello , am actualy asking this question on behalf of a freind who does not have internet accses.

he got banned for 12months back in 2004 unable to provide specimen of breath.

he moved abroad shortly after and is now back in the uk and wishs to apply for his licence back , he was on a provishanl licence when got done .

does he just after apply for new provishanol as its been over 5yrs or go through the extra cost of applying if disqaulifed before .

also when he does get it back am presuming it will have conviction wrote on it but because its so old will this still effect his insurance , reason i ask is because when i normaly do my insurance it says within last 5yrs .

many thanks

ps am not sure if it is dr10 for unable to provide specimien of breath it just rings a bell for some reason lol

many thanks and sorry about poor spelling

More information on re-applying for a driving licence can be found here. It should not affect his insurance if it has been 5 years since conviction. They will ask if he has had any convictions within the past 5 years, he can answer no to this question if it has been over 5 years since conviction.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off