Anyone from Scotland with 2 DD convictions?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14841
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 14841

Hello All,

Looking for fellow Scots who have been convicted twice for DD and wondered if you could share your story? I am due in court in a few weeks for 2nd offence and I'm curious of your outcome.

Thanks in advance
L x

Hello All,

Looking for fellow Scots who have been convicted twice for DD and wondered if you could share your story? I am due in court in a few weeks for 2nd offence and I'm curious of your outcome.

Thanks in advance
L x
Hi there.

I have 2 DD convictions in Scotland. I blew 124 on my first one and 96 on my second one.

First ban was April 2016 for 24 months with a £400 fine. I wasn't offered and didn't know about the DD Awareness course so had to serve the full term plus some until I got my licence back.

My second conviction was 12th July 2019. 36 month ban and a £400 fine. This time I made sure my solicitor requested the DD Awareness course and the ban was reduced to 27 months on completion. It expires on the 11th October 2021.

It depends on what you blew, but a 3 year ban is about what you can expect for a second offence within 10 years plus you will be classified as a High Risk Offender and require a medical when your ban is up.

Just make sure your lawyer (if you have one,) asks for the course as it cannot for some reason be awarded retrospectively.

I joined Alcoholics Anonymous on the 24th July 2019 and have now been sober for 2 years. If you have a problem with your drinking then I would thoroughly recommend getting yourself along to a meeting as I was amazed at the number of people that have been banned 3 or even 4 times before they wised up to the fact they needed help.

Hi there.

I have 2 DD convictions in Scotland. I blew 124 on my first one and 96 on my second one.

First ban was April 2016 for 24 months with a £400 fine. I wasn't offered and didn't know about the DD Awareness course so had to serve the full term plus some until I got my licence back.

My second conviction was 12th July 2019. 36 month ban and a £400 fine. This time I made sure my solicitor requested the DD Awareness course and the ban was reduced to 27 months on completion. It expires on the 11th October 2021.

It depends on what you blew, but a 3 year ban is about what you can expect for a second offence within 10 years plus you will be classified as a High Risk Offender and require a medical when your ban is up.

Just make sure your lawyer (if you have one,) asks for the course as it cannot for some reason be awarded retrospectively.

I joined Alcoholics Anonymous on the 24th July 2019 and have now been sober for 2 years. If you have a problem with your drinking then I would thoroughly recommend getting yourself along to a meeting as I was amazed at the number of people that have been banned 3 or even 4 times before they wised up to the fact they needed help.
That's an amazing achievement, well done ❤️ I tend to have 'blow outs' and binge drink but I am not dependent on it. But I have come to the realisation that I do have a drink issue, that's clear to me now. I was thinking about joining AA. Drink is the devil. Its when I'm boozy, the worst of me comes out and I make terrible decisions. I always thought AA was just for alcoholics tbh. But I have looked into it, just need to build up the confidence to go.

Thanks
Lx

That's an amazing achievement, well done ❤️ I tend to have 'blow outs' and binge drink but I am not dependent on it. But I have come to the realisation that I do have a drink issue, that's clear to me now. I was thinking about joining AA. Drink is the devil. Its when I'm boozy, the worst of me comes out and I make terrible decisions. I always thought AA was just for alcoholics tbh. But I have looked into it, just need to build up the confidence to go.

Thanks
Lx
The achievement was all down to sticking with AA. I had managed to stay sober last time around for 6 months, but stupidly thought I could then control my drinking which led me to the 2nd disqualification.

My drinking did not become and issue until I was around 54. Up until then I had a normal relationship with booze and would never have considered drinking and driving. But over the course of a very few short years, that attitude changed and I began to use alcohol as 'prop' against stress and to wind down at the end of the day eventually leading to me needing to drink during the day as well.

Alcoholism comes in many forms, and people who binge can be classified as alcoholic as well as people that drink daily.

The only thing you need to join AA is a desire to stop drinking and you will not be judged by anyone there even if you relapse and then come back.

I am not sure where you live but have a look at this website for information on meetings.

It might be worth giving them a call on the number on the website and asking where the next meeting local to you is.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off