Any up to date time frames

Convicted Driver Insurance

Cp106

My partner went for his CDT / medical nearly 2 weeks ago... and I’m impatient haha. Any ideas how long it might be before he hears? I’m pregnant so sooner he can drive again the better 😄

It depends on the result of the medical and what was in the questionnaire that he completed.
If there are any concerns at all, DVLA will write to his GP for information and this could take several weeks more, they allow the GP 6 weeks to send the reply back and whilst most doctors used to reply quite quickly, with the virus situation some practices are not prioritising completing forms.
If he doesn’t hear from DVLA in the next week it could be worth him asking DVLA about what is happening or, if he cannot get through on the phone, to ask his surgery if they have received a questionnaire from DVLA and politely ask them to fill it in and return it ASAP.

It depends on the result of the medical and what was in the questionnaire that he completed.
If there are any concerns at all, DVLA will write to his GP for information and this could take several weeks more, they allow the GP 6 weeks to send the reply back and whilst most doctors used to reply quite quickly, with the virus situation some practices are not prioritising completing forms.
If he doesn’t hear from DVLA in the next week it could be worth him asking DVLA about what is happening or, if he cannot get through on the phone, to ask his surgery if they have received a questionnaire from DVLA and politely ask them to fill it in and return it ASAP.
My surgery receptionist told me that dvla have to pay for the information first,also that the gp would not normally inform me of what evidence, or lack of,that they would send back!!
Is this standard practice??
TIA

I suppose I can understand them saying they would not release the form until DVLA have paid!
at some surgeries though, the doctor fills in the report with the patient there so there can be no secrecy then.
try my other suggestion, apply for a subject Access Request with DVLA and see if you get it that way.

I got my partner to ring DVLA when he’d finished work and theyd apparently just received his blood work that day so it was in the system. Fingers crossed it’s only another week or so now!

I suppose I can understand them saying they would not release the form until DVLA have paid!
at some surgeries though, the doctor fills in the report with the patient there so there can be no secrecy then.
try my other suggestion, apply for a subject Access Request with DVLA and see if you get it that way.
The dvla don't have any information as yet,so you can hopefully see my frustration, I feel like paying the surgery myself!
I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue tbh!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off