Any delays ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

bad past

just waiting for my dl 27 form to arrive any day.. :) anyone tell me if they are still running months behind , or has it got better... HRO so expecting a long,long job. many thanks

just waiting for my dl 27 form to arrive any day.. :) anyone tell me if they are still running months behind , or has it got better... HRO so expecting a long,long job. many thanks

bad past

My 12 month driving licence expired in January 2022, so I have to go through all the DVLA medical process again.

My D1 was sent off last October as soon as I could re-apply within the 90 days. I then completed the A4 paper based medical questionnaire a few weeks later.

Since then, I recieved a letter from the DVLA stating they were writing to my GP (again!) and that was at the end of May 2022.

I did check with my GP surgery recently, and they still had yet to complete the questionnaire that I assume had been sent to them several weeks before.

To answer your original question - ''yes''. There is still a huge delay in processing applications, but thankfully you won't be waiting as long as myself.

CJ

bad past

My 12 month driving licence expired in January 2022, so I have to go through all the DVLA medical process again.

My D1 was sent off last October as soon as I could re-apply within the 90 days. I then completed the A4 paper based medical questionnaire a few weeks later.

Since then, I recieved a letter from the DVLA stating they were writing to my GP (again!) and that was at the end of May 2022.

I did check with my GP surgery recently, and they still had yet to complete the questionnaire that I assume had been sent to them several weeks before.

To answer your original question - ''yes''. There is still a huge delay in processing applications, but thankfully you won't be waiting as long as myself.

CJ
It seems most of your delay (which is outrageous btw) is due to your GP?

I'm hro. All seemed to go very slowly at the beginning of my application. My ban ended 17 June. I sent application off 90 days prior. Barely heard anything at the beginning. Finally got a letter to book my medical which I had on 6 July. Couple of weeks later the dreaded letter that they were writing to my gp. Thankfully they turned the letter round really quickly and I got my full licence exactly 2 months after my ban ended which I thought was a great result. But agree that currently a lot of the hold ups seem to be with our own gp's and not necessarily at the dvla end

They wrote to my gp in June. I am still waiting, on an update for the DVLA. Its a very long process for some

I was eligible to re apply 8th of august this year as an HRO. Still haven’t received any forms. Just as well I read posts on this forum, and downloaded forms myself. However I can say that within two weeks after sending forms, they were actually looking at them. Eventually I received a D27 but to my old address, but since I’d already sent a D2 it was deemed unnecessary to send it. I am currently awaiting a D4 medical with my GP October 4th. DVLA will have that form Oct 5th. Then it’s wait time again. I’m unsure if they will write to my GP before or after DVLA appointed medical. I strongly expect they will, but you just never know with their lottery system. My ban ends 8th December, and I certainly don’t expect to be driving at that point. But hope is all we have, so I’ll stay positive until otherwise demonstrated

It seems most of your delay (which is outrageous btw) is due to your GP?

Not necessarily just down to my GP. It too the DVLA over six months to write to them from returning my medical form last November. Amazing isn't It?

CJ

I was eligible to re apply 8th of august this year as an HRO. Still haven’t received any forms. Just as well I read posts on this forum, and downloaded forms myself. However I can say that within two weeks after sending forms, they were actually looking at them. Eventually I received a D27 but to my old address, but since I’d already sent a D2 it was deemed unnecessary to send it. I am currently awaiting a D4 medical with my GP October 4th. DVLA will have that form Oct 5th. Then it’s wait time again. I’m unsure if they will write to my GP before or after DVLA appointed medical. I strongly expect they will, but you just never know with their lottery system. My ban ends 8th December, and I certainly don’t expect to be driving at that point. But hope is all we have, so I’ll stay positive until otherwise demonstrated

August to December is 4 months?

How did they accept your application 120 days before instead of the standard 90 days?

How did they accept your application 120 days before instead of the standard 90 days?

A standard driver is allowed 60 days, but HRO's are granted 90 days before their expiry date to re-apply for their licence. If anyone applies sooner, the DVLA generally just return the form and won't process it.

CJ

A standard driver is allowed 60 days, but HRO's are granted 90 days before their expiry date to re-apply for their licence. If anyone applies sooner, the DVLA generally just return the form and won't process it.

CJ

That was was point.
So it must have got returned then?

My thoughts exactly. Coostie must have got his/her months mixed up. They wouldn't be able to apply until after the 8th September, if the ban is up on the 8th December.

Regards

Chris
My original thoughts were Dvla weee confused because I certainly wasn’t. I had always thought it would be September 8th but they assured me it was August 8th….who am I to argue

I have no idea but they did, and I have evidence of that. I was surprised to hear them tell me on the phone that it was “I” that had miscalculated. And that the application date was the 8th August and not September. I made the assumption that the 90 day period was maybe ‘90 working days’?

im not a drink driver but classed as alcohol missue and on a 1 year license, dvla received my application on 6th Jan 22 sent letter to doc 31st July doc sent back on 24th august and not got my letter to book a medical yet

im not a drink driver but classed as alcohol missue and on a 1 year license, dvla received my application on 6th Jan 22 sent letter to doc 31st July doc sent back on 24th august and not got my letter to book a medical yet
Historic alcohol miss use, 6 years ago

I can beat that. My D1 was posted to renew my 12 month driving licence on the 24th October last year, as it expired on the 21st January 2022. I am currently driving under Section 88. The last I heard, was my GP had received the DVLA medical form and it was still in their pigeon hole.

CJ

I can beat that. My D1 was posted to renew my 12 month driving licence on the 24th October last year, as it expired on the 21st January 2022. I am currently driving under Section 88. The last I heard, was my GP had received the DVLA medical form and it was still in their pigeon hole.

CJ
Its crazy how slow they are at the moment.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off