Another thread about medicals

Convicted Driver Insurance

raaaar

I have 3 questions which people may be able to help me with.
1 I drink at present around 6 pints of beer an evening, never touch spirits or wine. I have been seeing my gp for anxiety issues so my gp knows what i drink ect.. If I were to do a medical how long would I need to abstain for? I have asked the quack but he is of no help.
2 Is it true that should one apply for a medical one can drive while they are waiting for their date?
3 Is it possible to drive a 50 or 125cc moped on a provisional lisence while disqualified?

Last edited:
1 I drink at present around 6 pints of beer an evening, never touch spirits or wine. I have been seeing my gp for anxiety issues so my gp knows what i drink ect.. If I were to do a medical how long would I need to abstain for? I have asked the quack but he is of no help.
2 Is it true that should one apply for a medical one can drive while they are waiting for their date?
3 Is it possible to drive a 50 or 125cc moped on a provisional lisence while disqualified?

If there is evidence of persistent alcohol misuse within the past 6 months or alcohol dependency within the past 12 months or there is evidence of current ongoing alcohol misuse or dependency then your application for a driving licence will be refused.

If your doctor has a record that you have been alcohol dependent within the past 12 months then he is duty bound to inform the DVLA of this.

As far as driving whilst you await a date for your medical or await your medical results, to be on the safe side you should contact the DVLA directly who will tell you if you can legally drive.

If you were disqualified from driving it would be impossible for you to obtain and hold a valid provisional driving licence. You cannot drive or ride any motor vehicle whilst disqualified.

Last edited:
Before you get even to thinking about driving/riding anything again I suggest getting a referral to the drugs and alcohol team at your local Mental Heath centre- you may even be able to refer yourself.
Once sorted out and you are no longer depending on drink to solve your problems then seek regaining your licence.
At in excess of 12 units a day=84 units a week you are 4 times over the recommended unit intake. You only have one liver and just because George Best somehow got one...the NHS is not going to consider you above more needy individuals.
I would even question your ability to ride a push bike safely without causing harm to yourself or other road users.

You need to seek help sooner rather than later before you start worrying about a medical to regain your license.

I asked one of the laywers about q.2 they said no

Your lawyer may well have been holding back information then. You are entitled to drive during the licence application process if certain criteria are met, which I cant remember off hand. Its not hard to find the info.

IT WAS A LAWYER SUPPLIED BY THIS WEB SITE
GO ASK THEM:confused:.
totally confused why you have put this here
go and ask free legal advice provided here

Hi you can drive whilst waiting for your medical,i have a letter from dvla authorising me it lasts a year,you cant drive anything whilst disqualified from driveing.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off