Am I classed as a HRO ???

Convicted Driver Insurance

slwukuk

Way back in October 2011 I was charged with ...... driving motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit ..... I got a 14 month ban. I've searched this forum among other places and I'm sure I read that if you get a 12 to 18 month ban you aren't really classed as a HRO, I may be wrong but can now afford to apply for my license back and am curious if I'd have to attend a medical.

Many thank for any advice given :eek:)

Hi,

The length of disqualification is not an indication of a HRO

You’re a high risk offender if you:

• were convicted of 2 drink-driving offences within 10 years
  • were driving when you were at 2.5 times or more the legal alcohol limit
  • refused to give the police a sample of breath, blood or urine to test for alcohol
  • refused to allow a sample of your blood to be tested for alcohol (eg if it was taken when you were unconscious)

Unless you can tick one of the above you are not a HRO so no medical required.

I guess I'll not know if I'm a HRO until I reapply. I got a knock on the door from the police 90 mins after being involved in a minor crash. I can't remember the breath test results but had drank a few to calm my nerves. I was told I had a hip flask defence and the backwards calculation they did said I'd have been slightly over the limit at the time of the accident. Hopefully not 2 and a half times over then.

I guess I'll not know if I'm a HRO until I reapply. I got a knock on the door from the police 90 mins after being involved in a minor crash. I can't remember the breath test results but had drank a few to calm my nerves. I was told I had a hip flask defence and the backwards calculation they did said I'd have been slightly over the limit at the time of the accident. Hopefully not 2 and a half times over then.

The accident may have aggravated your case in regards to length of ban but from what you have said i am pretty certain you are not a HRO so dont worry.

So because they did backwards calculation and the police told me the results show I was slightly over the limit at the time of accident_ will that make my breath test results matterless. They even took my empty can away to run checks on to make sure it was me who drank them. I've no worries about passing a medical, could just do without having to pay the fee.

Thanks

Hi,

The length of disqualification is not an indication of a HRO

You’re a high risk offender if you:

• were convicted of 2 drink-driving offences within 10 years
  • were driving when you were at 2.5 times or more the legal alcohol limit
  • refused to give the police a sample of breath, blood or urine to test for alcohol
  • refused to allow a sample of your blood to be tested for alcohol (eg if it was taken when you were unconscious)

Unless you can tick one of the above you are not a HRO so no medical required.

Hmmm - Maybe the rules have changed but, after two one-year licences after a six month refusal to reissue following a voluntary surrender, I am waiting on a result of one of these that I attended last week where the 'money shot' was definitely the blood sample for CDT testing - even the letter telling me that I had to have the appointment had a reference prefixed with CDTML. I had to repeat the Alcohol questionnaire for the fourth time. Medical exams are used for other reasons - maybe as a safety before they reissue a ten-year jobber ???

The term ‘High Risk Offender’ is specific to drink driving cases.
There are other reasons why DVLA want a medical with a CDT test, but that does not mean that the person is a HRO.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off