Almost at the finishing line

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sarah 1111

Well Known Member
Hi guys the end is in sight!! My ban ends may 19th I've sent off for my licence. I'm not a HRO. Question is do I wait till I receive my licence before searching for insurance. Did anyone find a certain company that dealt with dd insurance. Or is it as simple as going on compare the market. Many thanks 😊

Hi guys the end is in sight!! My ban ends may 19th I've sent off for my licence. I'm not a HRO. Question is do I wait till I receive my licence before searching for insurance. Did anyone find a certain company that dealt with dd insurance. Or is it as simple as going on compare the market. Many thanks 😊
Yes, you will need a valid driving license to secure vehicle insurance, you can use all the comparison sites but you’ll need to declare your DR10, most insurance companies will ask for your driver license number which in return will show a valid driving license, hope this helps ….

I used compare the market. One thing I found though was if you search (ie start date) before your ban is actually up then the price is much, much higher. I was doing this to see what the quotes would look like, but I think the algorithm worked out that my start date and length of ban didn’t tally. Hope that makes sense. In the end I paid about £100 more than I used to before I got banned.

I used compare the market. One thing I found though was if you search (ie start date) before your ban is actually up then the price is much, much higher. I was doing this to see what the quotes would look like, but I think the algorithm worked out that my start date and length of ban didn’t tally. Hope that makes sense. In the end I paid about £100 more than I used to before I got banned.
This is the kind of answer I was looking for. I did read this once before.ok so what il do is wait a day or two after my ban is up then search for insurance. Thank you 😊

This is the kind of answer I was looking for. I did read this once before.ok so what il do is wait a day or two after my ban is up then search for insurance. Thank you 😊
I think you can enter a future start date to some degree but not sure how far.

Thank you I think I'm just gunna wait till a few days after my ban ends
Just bear in mind that insurance companies and price comparison sites have algorithms that will offer you cheaper prices if you have a start date around 23 days in the future. Also, seems that midweek start prices tend to be better than weekends. This is all in despite of having to declare the DR10 or similar!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off