Alcohol Interlocks

Convicted Driver Insurance
I think that on your first offence you should be given the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake and you've taken it as an opportunity to learn.

Second offence then I think an alcohol interlock should be fitted to the offender's car so it can't be operated until you can blow below the legal limit.

This may be a bit controversial but I believe that a third offence should be a lifetime ban, they clearly haven't learned from the experience the first two times and have continued to put the public's life in danger. After being through the whole process of getting my licence back I'm astounded that people just go and do it all again after they know what it's like to lose the books.

I think that on your first offence you should be given the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake and you've taken it as an opportunity to learn.

Second offence then I think an alcohol interlock should be fitted to the offender's car so it can't be operated until you can blow below the legal limit.

This may be a bit controversial but I believe that a third offence should be a lifetime ban, they clearly haven't learned from the experience the first two times and have continued to put the public's life in danger. After being through the whole process of getting my licence back I'm astounded that people just go and do it all again after they know what it's like to lose the books.
I totally agree that 1st is a learning curve, still not acceptable. If caught 2nd time then no, you should not be allowed to drive. I crashed and blew 47, my life now is go to work come home, can't go out over and above that. I'm totally devastated and disgusted with what I did. I was given 12 months and 500 fine. Reduced to 9 months with driver courae. I have done that BUT I still do NOT want to drive ever again. My mental health has gone out the window, my O H has asked for a divorce. Excuse me you've done it and all your pals. In no way am I looking for sympathy and dont want it. This has screwed up my life. I will be sending my children on higher education courses in regards to drinking. TAKE HEED PEOPLE

I totally agree that 1st is a learning curve, still not acceptable. If caught 2nd time then no, you should not be allowed to drive. I crashed and blew 47, my life now is go to work come home, can't go out over and above that. I'm totally devastated and disgusted with what I did. I was given 12 months and 500 fine. Reduced to 9 months with driver courae. I have done that BUT I still do NOT want to drive ever again. My mental health has gone out the window, my O H has asked for a divorce. Excuse me you've done it and all your pals. In no way am I looking for sympathy and dont want it. This has screwed up my life. I will be sending my children on higher education courses in regards to drinking. TAKE HEED PEOPLE

I crashed and blew 93, got a 12 month ban and it was reduced to 9 having done the drink driving awareness course. The information you learn on that course is so valuable, it should be taught along with secondary education at 16 before being able to apply for the licence at 17. Sorry that you're going through all that mate, I found that the people who were most vocal about my drink driving were all people who's cars I had been in with them over the limit on the morning after. Bunch of f**king hipocrites if you ask me. Time heals all wounds mate, your family will come around. Took mine a while but they've all come round.

Thanks to Lost and Grice for their thoughts and opinions on this issue.
Although alcohol interlocks would prevent driving a motor vehicle whilst over the limit, I see two complications.
The "attempting to drive" and the "in charge" laws still apply despite the vehicle engine being disabled.
Comments welcome.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off