Alcohol dependence and misuse

Convicted Driver Insurance

jimdavis

Banned
I understand from the Government drug and alcohol misuse website that drinking more than seven pints of beer per week means you misuse alcohol
and are considered to be alcohol dependant.
The website also says that people in those categories should have their driving licences revoked until they have stopped drinking for 6 or 12 months.
The website doesn’t mention what effect such drinking has on driving standards or the risks incurred by drivers who drink more than the recommended limit but never drink and drive.
Since I passed my driving test 45 years ago I have drank more than the recommended alcohol limit every week. The website implies that despite not
drinking and driving I should have my licence revoked due to my alcohol consumption.
However, despite my alcohol consumption I haven’t had an accident in 45 years.
Over the years many people have praised me for my excellent and careful driving standard however, despite this the Government consider me to be a risky driver and should have my licence revoked.
I have a completely clean driving licence and a full 80% no claims bonus with my car insurance.
I am therefore a careful accident free driver despite my weekly alcohol consumption.
I understand that I should inform my Doctor regarding my alcohol consumption, which will result in my licence being revoked, based upon assumed or measured liver damage.
I’m fit and healthy and don’t have any of the alcohol dependence or misuse symptoms as listed on the Government website.
However, if I do have my licence revoked due to my alcohol consumption, I will sell my car, save loads of money, claim alcohol misuse releted benefits and use my free bus pass.
I don’t understand why the Government want drivers like myself off the road, but I guess the Government knows best.
My girlfriend receives around £55 per week from a non-means tested benefit due to her alcohol consumption and liver damage.
I look forward to a similar increase in my income when I get my licence revoked, which will supplement my occupational pension very nicely.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off